S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help me spend $675 on my S...

Old 01-07-2004, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me spend $675 on my S...

Ok, between a couple of gifts and some savings, I've accumlated $675 that I'd like to spend on mods. (I've recently added an STB, x-brace, and APR mirrors).

I need new tires, but those don't count in the $675 mentioned. Here are some things I'm considering; any combination there-of is fair game as long as it comes to ~$675.

-koni struts (preferably used to save some cash)
-cusco subframe braces
-rims (probably used, very torn on these; part of me wants the new look, but I don't want to spend a fortune on them and there aren't many rims that I feel offer a true benefit by allowing for wider tires, esp. in the rear)
-sway bars (had comptech non-adjustable on a previous S and really liked the way that car handled)
-powdercoat OEM rims OR spray them myself (carefully)
-quality jack (can someone recommend on please??)
-allignment (is basically a must no matter what mods I do)

Please don't put driver's class on the list; I am already slating that for sometime in the next six months. Here are a couple of pics of my car to give you some ideas:

THANKS!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:14 PM

how about a nice certificate of deposit at your local credit union?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:16 PM

do you have gears?
for that price and a little more for installation you can get the rear gears.
highly recommend.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 PM

Yea gears would be ideal! But you would have to have them installed. A CAI would be an idea as well, for the sound alone.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:27 PM

I don't want to do gears because I am under an extended warranty and I don't want to give them anything to deny me claim on if I can help it. Same goes for a CAI; not to mention that I'm pretty happy with the sound level of the car as it is. I'm also very wary of hydrolock; when it rains here in austin, it pours.

I guess I just feel better about possible suspension failures than I do about engine or differential failures (ie I've seen far fewer, so I'm willing to assume a little more risk toward the warranty on those parts).

The savings idea is certainly responsible, but not really what I'm looking for. I'm not throwing all my money into the car; I have a substantial chunk in savings as well.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:49 PM

I would definitely recommend getting the Redline Shift Warning Module (aka shift beeper). It's the best $60 that I've ever spent on a car. Like a driving course, it will help you get the most out of your car. Read about it at:
http://www.baustnet.com/honda/mods/shift/shift.htm
It's better than a shift light because you don't have to take your attention off of the road. It beeps in a manner that helps you pace your shift right at 9,000rpm (or wherever you want to shift). You don't have to modify anything that's on your car so it won't pose any problems with your extended warranty. Get it. You will not regret it.

If you don't want to put the rest of the money in savings, then you can just send it to me!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 PM

Get Leo's (dxlst) authentic J's Racing Hood!!!! He's in Houston, I believe....not too far from you!!!! You are just barely short, but he's selling at a good price!!!

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=173355
Old 01-07-2004, 01:08 PM

S-pods ($240) and a pair of quality compononts ($150) for some much needed audio volume to increase your top down cruising pleasure. G2 caliper paint and S2000 decals for asthetic purposes ($50 total), and spend the rest on a CAI. Just my.02 cents.

However, your idea for Koni shocks is a good one as well!

By the way nice looking S!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:34 PM

Dump your saving into stocks. Stock market is almost go up on election year. I put all my saving into high tech stocks the last 6 months, the return was about 20% as of today, Jan 06. Unless some drastic event may happen in the next several months, such as another terrorist attacked in America, I think stock market will be about 5% to 20% higher by year end, then I will be able to trade in my wife's MY00 E430 for MY05 E500 (or E55?)
Old 01-07-2004, 02:13 PM

Thanks guys, keep'em coming! As I said before, I have money put in savings (invested, not in the bank) already and the amount I've decided to spend is a small bit, comparatively.

I'm honestly quite happy with the stereo as I only use it for background noise anyway.

Quick Reply: Help me spend $675 on my S...