S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help me to choose, it s still a Honda, no?

Old 09-03-2002, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please do not make a choice due to what Badge a car has. That is the worst mistake you will ever make. Trust your gut feelings on this one , the S-2000 is a great all around car.
You will not regret it, besides one of the best things about the car, is it is often over looked by the norm. Only the true enthuaists really appreciate the S , besides have you ever seen the look on a boxster owners face when he/she got smoked by a Honda.
What ever car you go with, even the Boxster , good luck. There is nothing like a new car.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:10 PM

Wait, I thought it was the other way around.

Originally posted by DarioManfretti

Sorry to correct you, but the VW Beetle is the car that made Porsche.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the price for an S2000 is excellent value for an awesome car...your friends and family are too hung up on status...the world is changing and you will see a lot more performance cars out there that are giving the 'status' cars a run for their money

i say that if you have a chance test drive one and you will be amazed...get your friends to drive in it too

if you are a confident individual, you will choose the car of your choice and not what others tell you

i love my S2000 and am going to keep it forever or until i upgrade to a newer year's model...nothing but big huge 's when driving this state of the art automobile
Old 09-04-2002, 01:55 AM

I had the same problem untill the day I drove the S2000.
All my previous cars were Italian and I am still a great fun of them even though the last few years Italian cars have lost their target, I miss the Lancias and Alfa Romeos of 60s, 70s and 80s, the sound of the carburators.
I use to say that I might buy a German car, which I do not like, but I will never buy a Japanese car.
All these changed the day I drove the S2000, the pleasure was so great the sound of the engine and the gear box reminded me the good old days of Italy.
The car is great, it is a car they made just to prove what they can do and not just earn money out of it, go and test drive it and you will have a smile in your face all the time.
To bad the badge on it is not ALFA ROMEO.....!!!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:18 AM

Interesting how diferent markets operate. Here in Australia Honda is considered the fully imported "upmarket" prestige Japanese brand and people are prepared to pay a premium compared to other Japanese brands.

Toyotas are built locally and a Camry is considered to be the "car you buy if you can't afford a 6 cylinder Ford or GM vehicle.
Nissans used to be built localy and still suffer from an image problem as a result.
Mitsubishis are still built locally (the US Diamante is actualy manufactured in Oz!) and are no big deal.
Mazdas are all pretty boring and nothing special.
Subarus are owned by GM now - say no more!
We don't get Acuras or Infinitis in this country (they're all Hondas or Nissans) and Lexii are considered boring business man's cars (because only boring business men can afford them!).

So there you have it - driving a Honda in this country means you have "made it"!

Re some of the other comments here - yep, 911s are still (old) Volkswagens at heart whereas the Audi TT is a (new) Volkswagen at heart. The Boxster is just a curent day Karmann Ghia (which was also just a tarted up VW beetle from the late '50s).

Sorry guys, you can put lipstick on a pig (porker - sorry Porsche) but it's still a pig underneath.

As far as BumWuhs go (any BumWuh - not just the Z3) I just can't stand the ugly grilles on those things.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:38 AM

You are right most German cars are ugly and most Italian cars are very pretty.
Remember Lancia Stratos, still today there is nothing to compare it......
Old 09-04-2002, 03:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy what you want.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:48 AM

Well, I'm curious?!!!! What did you decide to get?????
Old 09-04-2002, 05:12 AM

I'm from Miami, Florida my S2000 is white with black with red interior, aluminum dask kit, front spoiler, H@R lowering springs and konig imagine wheels grey webbed wheels with a polished lip. There is not one person that where ever I go doesn't tell me wow that is a beautiful car. It looks like one of those pretty Italian cars. I have it setup so nice that some people ask me what type of car its. I have gone to the collect (a very expensive Ferrari, Porsche, masarati, lotus, etc car dealership) and "EVERYONE"breaks there neck looking every time I drive buy. . I am very happy with my s2000. And the women well . The only problem is that I have to dry the seat every time I take them out on a date.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:15 AM

Also curious - which car did u choose and why ?

Quick Reply: Help me to choose, it s still a Honda, no?