S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help me buy my S2000 PLEAZZ!

Old 05-11-2001, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a similar response last August looking at a new S2000. Basically, Beaverton Honda told me that if I didn't buy the car at 10k over, the next guy through the door would. They also low-balled my 99 Corvette (5000 miles) trade in.

As luck would have it, I bought a used one from Ron Tonkin Acura. It came in as a trade in on an NSX. I got above Blue Book on my Vette, a decent deal on the S2000 (15,000 miles on it). and have enjoyed it since...

AFAIAC (as far as I am concerned), Beaverton Honda gets a ZERO on my list, and I would never, EVER do business with them. Not even something as cheap as a fastener. But you know, even Tonkin Honda has over MSRP on their S2000s.

BTW, My S2000 is for sale I know what Beaverton wants to buy it for, and have a pretty good idea what they will sell it for too... scumbags.

The fact that they are still asking over MSRP for their new cars tells me that they will be asking quite a bit more than what they would buy my car for. BTW, the offer to buy my car is not a trade in bid for a new S2000. Its a stand alone offer to buy the car.

Of course, this might be why that yellow one has been sitting in the showroom for many weeks now...

best of luck finding one at a fair price, though I doubt you will find one at fair price here. I had to work with a dealer in Florida to get my Vette under MSRP. Nobody here wanted to do MSRP on the S2000 either. Sounds like they still don't...

Originally posted by S2000CSHFLW
Beaverton Honda said that to there customers, buying anywhere else is like shopping at KMart. (actual words)And that they would gladly pay 42,000 for it just to buy it there. I swear that guys on crack.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vista25
[B]The Honda S2000 is my absolute DREAM car. Not only is it going to be my dream car, but it will be the FIRST car I ever purchased (or leased??). I'm looking to get some guidance. I have read through ALL seven chapters at carbuyingtips.com and thing I"m ready to negotiate. Can I ask you people what you paid for your S2000? Since this will be my first car, I don't want to get ripped off. I want to be proud of what I paid for it. Some internet dealer gave me a quote of 37K. That was her first offer, so I'm sure it's high. I would like to know what target price I should look for while negotiating for the S2000. I hear it's VERY high in demand and low in supply, so I may have have to pay considerably more than MSRP. Is this true? Should I wait several months and wait until the demand settles and try to get a better price?
Old 05-11-2001, 03:45 PM

Those Beaverton SOB's, they were going to trade the yellow one for a white one for me. They told me that white was sooo popular...sure dude. I'm going to Thomason tomorrow, even Beaverton told me that I could get it there at MSRP. But the problem for me is the trade in. Anyways....I will let everyone know my opinion on Thomason tomorrow or I will be driving around in a 2001 S2000(please, please, please).
Old 05-11-2001, 03:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000CSHFLW
[B]Those Beaverton SOB's, they were going to trade the yellow one for a white one for me.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:48 PM

[B]Those Beaverton SOB's, they were going to trade the yellow one for a white one for me.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:49 PM

Man,

best of luck at Thomason. I stopped by their store once and the idiots salesman just ignored me... After being ignored by 2 of them in 5 minutes, I just left...

BTW, I did see their collection... pretty funny when you have 3-4 sitting out front for many, many days... Sorry, but to me that does NOT classify the car as a HOT seller...

They try to act like it could disappear in the time you went to take a wizz and came back...

Maybe a year ago, but not now... Just gotta work them...

Old 05-11-2001, 03:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K_CLS
[B]Man,

best of luck at Thomason.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by S2000CSHFLW
I want a white 2001 S2000....but I have a specialty trade in.
yeah he aint kidden..."special" is right... i have seen this car..."special ed" is more like it!! hahaha

I can just imagine why no one will take it on trade... every mod is body mod, and it has this crazy scary looking body kit...and the license... CSF FLW...come on dude you must be such an ego case ...that is just sad.

I mean...CSF FLW on a DX..and you can't afford a 32k car...and you are CSH FLW.... kinda pathetic...post your car so we can all see it!!

Don't get an S2000...I don't wanna see one with a double decker wing and goofy shit all over it. Please do us all a favor.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:49 PM

I paid just under $35,000, but got every option on the car except sub woofer. This also included installation of Lojack, which was a $750 option. If you look at total msrp with options, I got mine for MSRP less 5%. GaToR
Old 05-11-2001, 06:05 PM

No offense taken. Like I said, this was over a year ago. I've since learned a few tips on car buying that are actually worth while. The deal on my replacement car (WRX)is actually pretty good. 800 over invoice, which is 1200 off MSRP, built to specs... On the retail lot, the WRX is tagged at 4000 over MSRP. (I'm sure there will be some flames, but frankly I don't care -- the WRX is not my dream car, but its something I can live with and NOT be disappointed in performance)

only downside is the wait. And I got a fair offer on trade in. The wait allows me to sell my car on my own.

More and more dealers are getting Internet Sales Departments and also offering better pricing on cars than the retail lot.

I'll never deal with another salesman again

[QUOTE]Originally posted by elanderholm
no offense but i just bought mine for MSRP.

Quick Reply: Help me buy my S2000 PLEAZZ!