S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

HELP! Ipod interface AND Cd player.Is it possible?

Old 09-25-2007 | 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ouhei,Sep 25 2007, 11:34 AM
What CD player is in your car? If you have the OEM CD player try this: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/stor...N_MLINK1_1.html

I have the model made for the 2004+ CD player since my car has that in it (previous owner). It works great and I installed it myself in about 3 minutes.

You just use a screwdriver with a towel around it to pry off the cover (pry from the top of the vents above the stereo) and undo the screws that hold the CD player in. Plug in the unit, run the wire out the side, and put it back together.

You could also email them to ask specifically what you should buy for your car, but I believe that is the unit.
I have the oem for 01.. so nothing special....

THANKS.. I think i'll try that
Old 09-25-2007 | 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by goshopatMACYs,Sep 25 2007, 12:55 PM
What's a "flame"?
A flame is when you lash out at some one on a forum... like I did. You put my in your place, which is what you're suppose to do so to you. You can handle your own in here.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that your ipod was messing up. I was assuming that your ipod worked perfectly fine and you just wanted to ipod tuch just because.

Anyway, I put in a touch screen in my car and I control my ipod though there.
Or, if you want to give up CD's all together, you can use this.

It's made by Alpine. www.alpine.com
Old 09-25-2007 | 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ouhei,Sep 25 2007, 11:34 AM
What CD player is in your car? If you have the OEM CD player try this: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/stor...N_MLINK1_1.html
Thanks for the find.
One problem i see with this is that its a only a dumb connection, meaning that song info is not transferred to the stereo. This means that you will have to control the music directly from the ipod.
My ideal installation would have ipod hidden away somewhere(like the secret compartment) where its still accessible if needed, but no need to hide it when you park somewhere.
This connector will require IPOD to be right next to the driver.
Old 09-25-2007 | 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by goshopatMACYs,Sep 25 2007, 12:14 PM
Freezes and then I have to wait like two days later for the battery to completely die and then plug it in to my Mac Pbook for charging.
When it freezes on you, press and hold the up arrow then press and hold the middle button (menu I think). So you have to press and hold both buttons at the same time (I think you have to start with the up arrow), this will do a hard shut-down. Wait a couple seconds and turn the Ipod back on and you should be good.

Scott-
Old 09-25-2007 | 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by S2K-F8,Sep 25 2007, 02:13 PM
When it freezes on you, press and hold the up arrow then press and hold the middle button (menu I think). So you have to press and hold both buttons at the same time (I think you have to start with the up arrow), this will do a hard shut-down. Wait a couple seconds and turn the Ipod back on and you should be good.

Scott-
I
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:43 PM

I absolutely love this IPOD adapter, it took me about 90seconds to install it.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04.html

Here is the thread where I did it.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry10925948

Its perfect, works great kept all the stock controls. And your CD player still works, this IPOD adapter behaves as a 5 CD Changer, so your in-dash CD still works. The only thing you have to do is create 5 playlists on your IPOD HONDA1, HONDA2, etc. and you can change on the dashboard control from 1 through 5 with 6 being "Play all".
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:49 PM
Former Moderator

crutchfield.com has the PIE-HON AUX adaptor for <$100.

It replaces the CD CHANGER. You can still play your CD in the regular deck.

The AUX adaptor just wires a 3.5mm RCA jack (like headphones) to the back of your deck.

It's the easiest and cheapest solution for an IPOD. Your IPOD controller is better than the dash controls anyway. It doesn't charge the unit, though.

But for <$500 you can replace the headunit, get full IPOD integration, upgrade the speakers, and add a sub.

It keeps the "stock" look if you close the faceplate.

Old 09-25-2007 | 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Sep 26 2007, 12:49 AM
crutchfield.com has the PIE-HON AUX adaptor for <$100.

It replaces the CD CHANGER. You can still play your CD in the regular deck.

The AUX adaptor just wires a 3.5mm RCA jack (like headphones) to the back of your deck.

It's the easiest and cheapest solution for an IPOD. Your IPOD controller is better than the dash controls anyway. It doesn't charge the unit, though.

But for <$500 you can replace the headunit, get full IPOD integration, upgrade the speakers, and add a sub.

It keeps the "stock" look if you close the faceplate.

Yeah I've seen this one before, it helps your iPod mimic a changer and you choose playlists as though they're CDs I think, and songs as tracks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's the cheapest and easiest option there is. Unfortunately this car doesn't seem to have many cheap AND great options out there for performance, audio, or anything else you might want to upgrade on the car
Old 09-26-2007 | 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by netanderthal,Sep 25 2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the find.
One problem i see with this is that its a only a dumb connection, meaning that song info is not transferred to the stereo. This means that you will have to control the music directly from the ipod.
My ideal installation would have ipod hidden away somewhere(like the secret compartment) where its still accessible if needed, but no need to hide it when you park somewhere.
This connector will require IPOD to be right next to the driver.
It's not PERFECT for the cost, you can't beat the functionality. I might do the whole headunit and ideal set up later, but this was relatively cheap and works great.
Old 09-26-2007 | 07:31 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Sep 25 2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah I've seen this one before, it helps your iPod mimic a changer and you choose playlists as though they're CDs I think, and songs as tracks. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, the cheap one is just a RCA in. It doesn't select tracks or anything. But it's better to select tracks on your IPOD in that case anyway.

I've had the RCA-in type IPOD adaptor in the S2000, upgraded to a full IPOD integration where the face of the headunit has all the features of the IPOD menu (playlists / genre / artist / shuffle / etc).

In one of our other cars, we have the "playlists as CD changer slots" IPOD adaptor. Not really my favorite option.

Quick Reply: HELP! Ipod interface AND Cd player.Is it possible?