S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

help 04 markups

Old 10-27-2003, 10:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for the Silverstone.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am basically fleet and will be the guy who is gonna answer your email ( or someone in my kind). S2000 are limited production, and completly japan build. Especially in cali a mid size dealership gets about 10 s2k's a year. So Mark up is normal on these cars. We just sold as yellow one for 3k over msrp which the buyer shouldent even feel bad since he got one of the best cars possible for the price. If you want to be cheap thats ok too and i am sure if you grid them enough you can get less than msrp but the main picture is honda did price this car just right with not too big of a profit. If this car would be 37k and dealers wouyld have given itout for 33 k people would still buy it and belive theat they got a good deal. But when msrp is 33 everyone wants to pay 30 for it. If an s2k would be 18k someone like you probably will want to pay 15 for it since thats the magic number (invoice). Anyway, IMO if a covertible z goes for about 35k, 33k is even less for the s. Good luck with your search I hope you fell like you got a good deal after you are done since thats the most important thing. There is no difference between payin 430 a month and 450 a month. Its not gonan save anything or anybody, but probably the guy who grind his way down to 430 (lets say dealer limit) still belives he got a bad deal or he could get a little more and cant sleep at night sometimes. And the guy who pays the 450 knows and belives he got a good deal and the car he bought deserves it, every time he drives his car he likes it, payements doesnt bother him. The guy who pays 20 bucks less a month hates making the payemtns and still thinks about ifI would of say that maybe they would of drop the price a little more or this and that. Thats why I hope you belive that you got a good deal cuz thats the most important thing, not how much you pay, it's how you feel about it.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:43 AM

Well S2KFI, as much as you want to believe that people should pay MSRP + Dealer markup on the car because it's "rare" or whatever, it's still just a car. Why should the delaer be the one to say how much we should pay when MSRP is what Honda wants us to pay. That's why MSRP= Manafacture's Suggested Retail Price.

I just took a EVO for a spin this weekend and the dealer markup on it was $9,995!!! I mean, that is just redicilous, expecially when they are selling on E-bay for $1000 over invoice. Lets see....buy off e-bay for $29,000 over invoice or right here for $41,000....um, that's a toughie.

It's dealerships like that that make it hard for you guys to ask for dealer mark-up and get it. I mean, everyone may want the car, but not all can afford it....if I didnt have to worry about cash, I may pay the mark-up, but with the $$ I saved buying my S for a bit over invoice, I got to modify it to my taste when I took him home.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:03 AM

"Thats why I hope you belive that you got a good deal cuz thats the most important thing, not how much you pay, it's how you feel about it."

S2KF1

Suppose you took the family out to a nice dinner and paid $300 for a fine meal. Expensive but worth it, I think I got a good deal you say.

Then the next day you find out your neighbor took his family out to the same restaurant, ordered the identical meal as you did......the only difference, the restaurant only charged them $150.

You call the restaurant manager the next day and ask for an explanation.

The manager tells you it's not how much you paid for the meal but how you feel about the meal, that's the most important thing.

You hang up on him.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice analogy SJ.

S2KFI,
Old 10-28-2003, 11:10 AM

emrillive- check out the Honda Dealership in Marin County. I was looking at S2ks a year ago, and they had the best deals I could find on the web in the Bay Area. If not, try out dealerships in the LA area- I know there's some advertised for MSRP, and I bet you can get better. It's only a 6-7 hour drive from San Jose, so you can make a weekend of it, and then drive it back up HWY 1 for a nice scenic drive...
Old 10-28-2003, 11:30 AM

emrillive: I responded to your PM a few days ago and I provided you with a list of all the Dealers in Cali that had a Berlina Black S2k IN-STOCK...

Regards...

BA...
Old 10-28-2003, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patdeisa
emrillive- check out the Honda Dealership in Marin County.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:42 AM

I had major sticker shock - just visited a dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA...33k MSRP + 5k dealer markup...38k out the door!!!

I am just hoping to get MSRP from some dealer in so/cal - I would be totally content with that, and it sounds like it should be possible too
Old 12-04-2003, 09:55 AM

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/customer/p...=103&cat=&page=

Pretty sure he's in Cali too. Even if he's not its still cheaper even with the cost of a car carrier. Never bought anything from him personally, but if you search he does a lot of business on the boards and people seem very happy.

Quick Reply: help 04 markups