S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

help 04 markups

Old 10-27-2003, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a price quote for 500 less than msrp from a broker who claims he can do better, but what about the 30995 in cali ??? dealers have offered this price to people then you think if i push hard enough i will get this price??? my local dealers have such big mark ups i don't think they will any close to 30995.... prob msrp.. one dealer was like "if you leave now its hard to get the berlina with black leather with those wheels, they are rare"...lolz
Old 10-27-2003, 08:05 AM

Email local dealers with what you are willing to pay. One of them will respond. It worked for me. Just picked up a Rio Yelow on Saturday
Old 10-27-2003, 08:17 AM

That's basically what I did. I called all the dealers in the area and told them "first one to give me a 2004 for 31k before tax sells me a car today". One dealer laughed at me, two called me back to say yes. Of course this was in Texas and if demand is higher in California, the dealers could obviously be holding out because they really can get at least msrp, but who knows.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

emrillive,

Don't rule out a 650+ mile radius for your car shopping, if you get out far enough, by the time you get it home, it's broken in. The S2000 is not rare. The 04s may be right now because they are just arriving, wait a few months, there'll be plenty of them around town. Don't get suckered into the "Only a few came in and we aren't going to get anymore! RARE! RARE!! BUY NOW!!" stupidity that will be forced on you. Black is rare with those wheels... What were they, the 04 stock wheels?

Want me to drive down there and help you out with your car purchase?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:29 PM

just e-mail dealers, i am sure at least 1 of them will bite. In Cali at least you have several dealers to choose from in a small 150mile radius. good luck and never pay MSRP.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:40 PM

I'm not sure what your target price is but, if memory serves me, Honda of El Cerrito is quoting an internet price of $32,000.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one on ebay an 04 with a buy it now of under 32K. They where located in Oklahoma. It had 6 miles on it was silver with the two tone interior. Shop around.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by ItalianBucwheat
I saw one on ebay an 04 with a buy it now of under 32K. They where located in Oklahoma. It had 6 miles on it was silver with the two tone interior. Shop around.
Hi, As you can see I'm a newby to this board. I actually purchased that 04 on eBay on Saturday morning! (YIKES) I have been doing my homework and trying to decide between the S2K, the Z4 and the 350Z. After lots of reading I settled on the 2004 Honda.

I was in San Antonio a few weeks back visiting my parents and I stopped into a local Honda dealer who said he had a Silverstone/red/black coming in at the end of the month (I was very excited as this is THE color choice I liked the most) He wanted to take a deposit then and there and I played it cool and gave him my info and said call me when its in and we can talk.

So it came in earlier in the week and he calls and starts the sales pitch about how the S2K fetches a premium blah blah blah and I finally said what's your bottom price and he came back with $33,800. I politley declined.

So Saturday morning I'm browsing eBay and I see a brand new 04 listed with a "buy it now" price of $30995. I was in shock to see the car of my dreams for $2800 less than this other one without any haggleing at all. My blood begins to pump, and I started doing some quick research about the dealer and see if they are legit. I was able to track the car down and find it on their actual dealer website (Mark Rogers Motors) so I felt like this was a legit deal.

Now this is where it gets better! In the 10 minutes to look things up, I went back and looked at the listing and it had dropped to $30,495!!!!

I had asked the seller to clarify the color in order to make sure it was indeed Silverstone/red/black and got a reply back that yes it was, and yes this car was only $500 over dealer invoice!

Anyway, I have looked online and found some really good feedback about the dealer on some other boards so I am feeling like this deal is actually going through.

We are flying out to Tulsa, OK on Saturday and the dealer is actually sending someone to pick us up and drive us 40 miles back to Bartlesville, OK to pick up the car!

I feel like I got a truely unbelievable deal on this car!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on how this deal goes for you.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:05 PM

Hi all...

I just joined the board today and this is my first post. I've been dreaming of getting an S2000 since I first learned of the SSM concept car. Well, I am finally in a position financially to get one!

I test drove an '04 Rio Yellow on Saturday (I had never driven an S2000 before). What can I say? Simply amazing. Anyway, I just got back my first internet quote this evening. It was for $31,495. I was very pleased and since I expect to get back a few more quotes, I hope to shave a few more dollars off of that number. I was prepared to pay closer to sticker, so this was a nice surprise.

Now all I have to do is decide on a color. Rio Yellow or Silverstone w/ red/black interior. The Rio looks amazing in person, but my personality is more Silverstone. Ugh, tough choice.

Quick Reply: help 04 markups