S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hearing a clicking sound at take off.

Old 08-02-2001, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Kguy
[B]When you do that, please get a "down to the detail" description of what's happening.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check and make sure one of those bastards from the Porsche board didn't put a card and clothspin in your spokes.........
Old 08-02-2001, 05:22 PM

if when backing up at low speed and you stop, does it click also? i had similar symptoms in the weeks before my diff blew apart
Old 08-03-2001, 06:33 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by josh3io
[B]if when backing up at low speed and you stop, does it click also?
Old 08-03-2001, 06:46 AM
Banned

I have the clicking brake pads since I switched to Hawk pads. Scared the crap out of me at first, but now it happens when I first get the car moving and then it doesn't happen any more.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:24 AM

Mine is at the dealer right now and I hope that they can find out what the problem is.

It is a metallic clinking sound right when you take off and then occationally when you get on the gas driving.....

They tightened the half shaft bolt on the left side and that seemed to work...now the other side is having the same problem...
Old 08-03-2001, 08:39 AM

Hey Meat, since you have the brake "shift" going on, any chance you are near someone who has the affore mentioned clicking for comparrison so we can narrow down the difference for the dealer? Just a thought.

Andrew
Old 08-03-2001, 08:49 AM

Excellent idea...anyone around the MD area that has some sort of clicking problem that has taken the car in or hasn't that we can compare noises or work out a fix??? I expect that mine will come back clicking from the dealer or will start again in the next month or so....
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM

bumping an OLD thread. a few months ago, i heard one car on initial backup out of my parking spot in the morning every few days, but now, it's every day, and i hear it probably 2-4 times while i drive to wherever i'm going (work, the store, whatever). it's one click, not a ping and not the sound of brake pads releasing. it also happens while i'm driving, if i slow down to 5-10 mph while coming to a red light and it changes to green, i'm in 2nd gear and give it only a moderate amount of gas and i'll hear the click as well. it's tough to hear because of the engine and all, but i hear it if i listen closely enough.

i have never launched my car, ever, but i did buy it with ~50 miles on it and it has been at a honda dealer once where they took it out on the street to "test drive" it after an oil change (HAHAHA). complete a-holes. anyway, it's a MY07 with about 39,000 miles on it. i have been told it is not the axle nut, since it was only identified as a problem on AP1s, but given the obvious similarities between AP1 and AP2 (as opposed to comparing an AP2 to a ford focus), could this problem have carried over to my car? it's kind of ridiculous since it is barely 2 years old and never abused at all.

perhaps some other recent AP2 owners have this problem as well?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM

Everyone has it. One "click" is the axle nut.

I had multiple "clicks" on the driver's side. Now I have multiple "clunks" on the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Hearing a clicking sound at take off.