S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Headlights Question... can anyone help (look inside for my help quesiton)

Old 09-20-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights Question... can anyone help (look inside for my help quesiton)

hey guys.
i lowered my car (a bit less than 2 inches), and ever since that i knew i'd have to raise my lights a bit. of course i asked honda to do so, and the stupid tech raised my drivers lights and my passanger light was lowered. (he explained to me that the drivers lights is supposed to be HIGHER than the passanger) NEEDLESS TO SAY... HE'S AN IDIOT!
well anyhow, it obviously caused me to fvck w/my lights on my own, and i haven't been successful in getting them BACK TO PERFECT!
i know the s2000's lights used to bounce like crazy and change colors, but i can't seem to get that affect again.
i had them aimed pretty low at one piont, where they shined purple and changed color a bit, but from away, they were plain white (similar to the audi TT).
yesterday, i met up w/a fellow s2000 owner from the board (thanks john) and i simply marked his lights on my garage door and where his car was parked and took proper markings like i just mentioned and put my car in the same spot and aimed my lights to be exactly like his. however our high spots were a bit off, but our low spots match. (his high pattern was a bit higher than mine, but the low pattern matched on the dot???? btw, i'm referring only to low beams, not highs)
took the car out for a drive w/my g/f to check out my lights in her car. and she says from far they are really blinding white and from some angles and shorter distances they were purple... BUT STILL NOT AS BOUNCY AS IN THE PAST!

is it true that once i lower my s2000 and raise the lights to be like that of a stock s2000, it still won't be the same?
i also remember that when sitting at a light behind a pickup truck, the driver one was the one to turn more/less purple and the passanger would mainly remain the same. i haven't gotten that affect yet either!
again, what boggles my mind is that mine are now aimed to stock, yet they look nothing like s2k lights do.
can anyone help w/out linking me to a thread on how to more properly adjust them... (read that before, still no help)
sorry for writting so much, just being CLEAR!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget, if you're matching up the top of the light beams, yours should be roughly 2" lower on the wall than his when parked in the same spot. If you match up with his, you're actually aiming your beams at a higher angle than stock.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGyver
[B]Don't forget, if you're matching up the top of the light beams, yours should be roughly 2" lower on the wall than his when parked in the same spot.