S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Headlights

Old 12-17-2004, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

Do a lot of people flash any of you all, because they think that you have your high beams on? i was just wondering if im the only one that has this problem, because it gets annoying sometimes.

...sometimes i just flash them back with my high beams to prove that these are not my high beams.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no...

maybe your lights are too high?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:14 PM

i was thinking that, but my car is lowered quite a bit...so i didnt think i was blinding too many people.

also i think i read somewhere that the JDM lights seem to point higher on the left side? but im not too sure on that
Old 12-17-2004, 02:16 PM

I had this problem - I drove ahead of my car (in a friend of mine's car) and the lights were way too bright (When theyre aimed from the factory a lil too high) -I took the car to a dealership and had them adjust the lights a tad lower - problem solved -with plenty of useable light leftover - If youve ever seen our cars coming the opposite direction on a two-lane road, you understand what I mean - Theyre as bright as the sun...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the left side is lower than the right...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

In the US (and other places that drive on the right), the left headlight is supposed to cast an outline with a lower top edge than the right. This should be very obvious on an open road. If it appears otherwise, then yes it's possible you've got JDM headlights. Not sure why anyone would put those on in the states though, ikon... Are you in the states?

I'm not sure if the actual reflector housing is different in the JDM model or it's just the aiming... I suspect the housing is different.

You can indeed adjust the headlights. The interesting thing is that the shop manual suggests the same top height adjustment (2.1 inches below the exact center of the headlight parked 25 ft from the wall) for both left and right lights. That's interesting! If that's true, how can one light be aimed further down the road than another???

Boy am I confused. Maybe the manual is wrong.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Timphipps

Smile

I don't have oncoming traffic flash me but while driving on a mountain road the other night the car ahead of me slammed on his brakes and pulled off the road then followed me 6 inches off my bumper with his brights on for the next 8 miles. I wasn't even close to him when I was following him, at least 5 or 6 car lengths back. Yeah, I still had several slow cars ahead of me on a twisty road or I would have left him in the dust.

Ever since, I try to keep the light line below the driver's rear view mirror. That is not hard on a flat road, but is impossible on a twisty and hilly road. My lights are adjusted perfectly with the left light a bit lower than the right but I might drop them a little more to avoid the road rage idiots out there.

I really don't understand people who act like that. If my lights were bothering him that much he could have adjusted his mirrors or pulled off and driven behind me in a reasonable way. In my part of the country (West Virginia) and many other states as well just about everybody can legally carry a concealed handgun and many do. It can be very dangerous to intentionally try and piss someone off or to try and "get even" for some imagined affront.

Tim
Old 12-17-2004, 04:09 PM

I never found it difficult to differentiate between low and high beams. Is it really that hard?
Old 12-17-2004, 04:41 PM

i think im going to adjust mine tomorrow
Old 12-17-2004, 05:07 PM

the car bounces on uneven pavement and flashes the driver in front every few seconds.....that's even more distracting than getting constantly high-beamed.....

Quick Reply: Headlights