S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

have you ever been a passenger in your own car?

Old 11-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default have you ever been a passenger in your own car?

after over two years of owning this car, my wife finally got enough courage to drive with me in the passenger seat...
wow! what an experience! she started out driving way too "politely". i told her to rev it out a lot more and she got the hang of it- even vteced! man, what a ride! i always get a rush out of driving this car, but i have to say that to be a passenger has its own excitement. not knowing when the car will be high-reved and when it will be smooth-shifted is great-
i have a new appreciation for our car- born again wanabe!
have you had the nerve to be a passenger in your car?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been a passenger in my s but what is even better is to watch your friend or someone cruise around a bright parking lot at night in your own s. our cars look awsome.

Matt
Old 11-20-2002, 08:34 PM

I rode in Wesmaster's car one Saturday night and that was an experience that I'll never forget. We usually have a Saturday dinner and then an entertaining drive. The entertainment was especially quicker than usual that night. You remember Wesmaster, don't you!?

Another memorable moment was my first time at the John Eagle Honda Texas World Speedway event. At the beginner level, the driving instructor drives the first few laps on the first session. Most of you have probably never felt your car at 10/10ths on the track. It's quite a humbling experience knowing that the car was capable of so much more<in the right hands> than you've ever seen.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:39 PM

I've been the passenger a few different times, and man it is such a different experience! It is enjoyable to just be in the passenger seat and listen to the car, and feel how the car drives, without being in control.
My girlfriend is still scared stiff when she drives my car. She's afraid to break it...especially since I like it so much!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:11 PM

When I picked it up, me and my friend who had recently bought a Tiburon exchanged test drives...I laughed at how low his car revved...he laughed at my stereo
Old 11-20-2002, 09:12 PM

I've been a passenger in my car with both my girlfriend (who taught me how to drive my car as it was my first stick) as well as my dad.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:25 PM

I let my girlfriend drive on long trips and she had it exclusively when I had a broken leg. She's a real rev head and burns other girls in their beemers!
Old 11-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by swells65
I let my girlfriend drive on long trips and she had it exclusively when I had a broken leg. She's a real rev head and burns other girls in their beemers!
i wish my gf will burn some other guy or girl, i am trying to force her
Old 11-20-2002, 11:19 PM

my most memorable ride as a passenger in my own car was at Sears Point Raceway whne a racing instructor took m out on the track and rounded the carousel at break neck speed, to the point that my stock tires felt like they were gonna come off the rims! Of course everything was fine after that lap...except i think I wished I had brought extra pants...
Old 11-21-2002, 12:05 AM

I have ridden shotgun in my own S a couple of times, as well as a few test drives of used ones from dealers when I took my son along car shopping. It seemed even more awesome from the passenger seat. It's odd, isn't it, when you're out from behind the wheel, that everything seems faster, more radical? When you're not doing it, I guess things get magnified ( or is it that the driver has something to hang on to?).

Quick Reply: have you ever been a passenger in your own car?