S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Has anyone traded in a relatively new S for a CR?

Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axel6,Jul 25 2008, 06:27 PM
As nice as the CR is, the money you will lose on the trade is not worth it for some suspension and aero enhancements. Keep your car. The CR doesn't seem radically different to me to justify the switch.
I think you're right. It was just temporary insanity, seeing an S2000 CR fresh of the delivery truck, virgin, undriven, with the plastic wrap still on all around it. It's very tempting, like it has my name on it.

However, I have my 2006 Berlina, granted with a slight paint chip here and there, from some well-loved use. It's paid for, I can take the top down.

I guess I'll keep my car until Honda ups the hp and gives the S a better engine. Now that might be something worth trading for.

I think the CR is a great car though, Honda puts out great equipment.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother,Jul 25 2008, 05:30 PM
They all have black hardtops.
I can't for the life of me understand why they would do that...?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

keep your car for sure..... the hassle of buying a new car to me is worth keeping it and not having to deal with anyone
Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattfeet,Jul 25 2008, 09:12 AM
I wish they made a CR in NFR.

-matt
They have a NFR type-S. The Japanese Honda site has a wallpaper of it....it is teh sex...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm guessing it's going to cost you $10,000 plus taxes.....
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Really depends on the person

I like OEM stuff, and would rather have a car that costs a bit more but has everything in it already. Rather than spending the money on mods, etc. Just a personal thing though
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Purple Haze,Jul 25 2008, 07:47 PM
I guess I'll keep my car until Honda ups the hp and gives the S a better engine. Now that might be something worth trading for.
Dont hold your breathe...

-matt
Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM

LOL I traded my 06 for a CR and wouldn't consider going back. Heck I love the CR so much I took the roof off and kicked the NSX out of the garage. Car is friggin awesome! So much better than the sum of it's parts. With my Robi spec tuned KW2's and Mugen exhaust this car is a blast!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spr2,Aug 2 2008, 07:08 PM
LOL I traded my 06 for a CR and wouldn't consider going back. Heck I love the CR so much I took the roof off and kicked the NSX out of the garage. Car is friggin awesome! So much better than the sum of it's parts. With my Robi spec tuned KW2's and Mugen exhaust this car is a blast!
In your own words, I'd love to hear the major driving differeences between your 06 and your current CR. They sound pretty substantial, based on your love for the new one.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Purple Haze,Aug 3 2008, 07:10 PM
In your own words, I'd love to hear the major driving differeences between your 06 and your current CR. They sound pretty substantial, based on your love for the new one.
Well to start I have the same coilovers on the CR that I did on MY06 so that's a constant.

The steering is fabulous! It's fast precise and has very good feedback. The body is noticeably stiffer and that translates well in track and street driving.

I'll admit that I do miss having the power top but once the top is off ( had mine off for 6 weeks ) you forget about it. The lines of the car w/o the top are gorgeous to me! I love putting it where I can just stare at it. I thought Honda had ruined the car with the CR front and rear spoilers but I couldn't have been more wrong as in person it's just beautiful. With the hard top on it still looks good but this car is meant to be topless!

Next up the seats are just fantastic! Grippy and comfortable at the same time much much better than the stock leather seats. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't spent anytime in them. I'd swear they changed the cushions.

Driving dynamics are such that this car is greater than the sum of it's parts. The track experience is different from my previous S2K's as this one doesn't rotate as quickly it just STICKS!

I've never had a problem with the S2Ks engine and I think it's just fine plus the trade off of poorer fuel economy to get more power is not really that appealing to me. I do have to say a kraftweks on this car would be a monster as the additional grip and body stiffness would handle it well.

Honda did a really good job on this car and although I'm sorry it didn't sell well for them I'm glad most people have ignored and dissed it has that has allowed those who purchased to get one of the best performance bargains for sale in 08

Quick Reply: Has anyone traded in a relatively new S for a CR?