S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hardtop

Old 08-20-2002, 08:20 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

In my case, they received the car on a Thursday, and were expecting the hardtop on Monday. It didn't show up, so I had to wait another week (picked up the car anyway, then drove it back a week later for the install). My salesman underestimated the shipping time (he thought it would take a week+, it took 2 weeks+.)

Since the box is so huge, dealers don't want it sitting around too long, and in my case, they waited longer than they should have to place the order:

JonasM
Old 08-20-2002, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TKG 26
but, was there a time lag from when the dealer rec'd your car and when they rec'd the hardtop??
Yup! The hardtop was in the parts department at my dealer a month before my car got off the train on the way to Upstate from Japan!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has a pic of a black hardtop on a Sebring Silver please post.. Hell..a black hardtop on any non black body color would due! Thanks.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Ajjra
Is there more or less headroom witht the hardtop on?
More
Old 08-21-2002, 03:18 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I already have a hardtop with my blue. It was part of purchase, had to be ordered and took about 3 weeks, that was back in March. Since then I have noticed some hardtops for sale for around $2000 while the blue and silver cost more. I've wondered how much it would cost to buy a less expensive top and have it re-painted locally to the color of your choice.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by NNY S2k
I've wondered how much it would cost to buy a less expensive top and have it re-painted locally to the color of your choice.
I was quoted around $400~$500 to paint the Mugen FRP top. So it would probably be around the same.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by NNY S2k
I already have a hardtop with my blue. It was part of purchase, had to be ordered and took about 3 weeks, that was back in March. Since then I have noticed some hardtops for sale for around $2000 while the blue and silver cost more. I've wondered how much it would cost to buy a less expensive top and have it re-painted locally to the color of your choice.
To do it right you need to remove the rear window, so you might want to add another $200 and hope they don't break it when they take it out.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]Once the hardtop is on, the soft-top is non-operational, until the hardtop is taken off again. The hardtop is a 2-person job unless you have a hoist setup in the garage.

I think there is a company who makes a liner for the soft-top. I don't know who but I suspect if you post this question several people here will know. I'm not sure how much this might cut down on the noise though.

Mugen makes a hardtop that is not like the OEM design. In my opinion the OEM hardtop is a much better item. The Honda top is made out of aluminum, looks beautiful on the inside and has a real glass rear window and a built in defroster, and it looks great!

Triple-H,
i'm saving up to get a spa yellow s2000 hardtop but had never seen one with the hardtop on until yours. man, it looks awesome! if i wasn't so strapped for cash, i'd be tempted to go out and get one asap! as is, your car is gonna keep me up nights while i save the cash!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajjra
[B]Maybe I can use Ganely for leverage here in NYC with one of our local dealers.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ucla2k
[B]Triple-H,
i'm saving up to get a spa yellow s2000 hardtop but had never seen one with the hardtop on until yours.

Quick Reply: Hardtop