S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hardtop

Old 08-19-2002, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Triple-H: is that a RM racing front lip spoiler? can we see more pix of that? what do you think of it?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajjra
[B]Can you tell me about the noise level?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:37 AM

HMS makes a top inner cover for the '00 - '01 only, but I have never seen one in person.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/newstore.php?m=11&sub=365
Old 08-19-2002, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

adelaide, I disagree, I think the black a-pillars look much better because when the tape is removed the body color is just a thin area and the windshield looks less dramatic and sturdy. IMHO.

TKG 26, I like the 16" wheels. I tricked out my CRX-Si to a point where it was no longer comfortable to drive on the street, I will not do that to the S2000.

Thanks you2 for all your constructive critisism...
Old 08-19-2002, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H
Thanks you2 for all your constructive critisism...
hahahahahaha........no problem......that's what we're here for - to bash on your car!!!

seriously though, it looks great - good job on the upkeep.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:51 AM

adelaide, I disagree, I think the black a-pillars look much better because when the tape is removed the body color is just a thin area and the windshield looks less dramatic and sturdy. IMHO.
admit it.......you're just lazy !!!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:58 AM

I guess I can see your point, although I don't know if I agree. I will note however, that I have a black car and thankfully don't have this controversial decision to deal with. I just freakin wish I had a hardtop....

There is a thread selling hardtops delivered for $2300 out of the US. It's a good deal I think.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:00 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajjra
[B]Can you tell me about the noise level?
Old 08-19-2002, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by stockae92
Triple-H: is that a RM racing front lip spoiler? can we see more pix of that? what do you think of it?
Yes that is the RM Racing Chin Spoiler!
For the cost of the item I think it is great. There are lots of people on this forum who stick their noses up at it because they claim it is poorly made and is a piece of crap. As you can see their opinion deterred me from buying it!

This item dramatically lowers the front of the car, let there be no question about it, 1.5" is about the dimension. I would NOT put this on a car that was lowered. Mind you I have driven a slammed CRX-Si for over 10 years and I know how to be careful, I know how not to pull up to far in a parking spot, I know what driveways are too steep to pull into, I know... I have gotten more compliments on this addition than I ever thought would happen.
The one thing I don't like about it is the box it was shipped to me in. The box was WAY bigger than it needed to be and UPS charged an oversize premium. If you order I would insist RM Racing come up with a better solution. Seriously, the box mine came in was WAY bigger than the product itself!

My car is in Vermont getting the Triple-H Rollbar created for it, so this is all I can do for pics right now, sorry.

click on photo to take a closer look
Old 08-19-2002, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by TKG 26
admit it.......you're just lazy !!!

Nope, I honestly think the car looks better with the black a-pillars.
I guess part of my bias is because I always loved the 1st couple of years of the NSX when the entire canopy was black. When they started painting the roof and pillars body colors it was a very sad day for me!

Quick Reply: Hardtop