S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Half Shaft Spacers - must read for lowered s2000s

Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Half Shaft Spacers - must read for lowered s2000s

It's really hard making this call, if your car is slammed, I would think it is necessary. I've been reading here that not until the AP2 have they changed design to allow the car to be lowered without spacers.

How much can you be lowered, without spacers?

Who is lowered without spacers and for how long? Any issues?

Who is lowered and installed spacers? Any issues? What springs and drop are you running on and what spacers are you running 10mm or 7mm? AP1 or AP2?

Much of what I have read is recommending spacers on lowered AP1s only and not AP2s but without something to measure it's effectiveness.

I see most responses of why they've done it to be out of peace of mind, which is good feedback to know too, but would like to hear any measurable results since installing them. Like to hear more from those that have not used spacers and those that have to support the reason to install these spacers. How do you feel about spacers?

Answer any that apply.

BACKGROUND INFO
I just recently lowered my car on Espelirs. I have 10mm spacers, and they are not installed yet. Debating to drive around some to see if I can measure any difference now that my car is lowered before installing spacers. Not sure if it's necessary so haven't installed them yet.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have espilars and I feel I need to get spacers. I have a lot of negative camber. They fixed it the best they could when I got it aligned. My back right it a little worse then my back left. Also for some reason my back right if lower the the left. Can just barely get my hands between the fender and tire. Probably need to do a render roll.

Anyways Im interested in this to. What and where did you get your spacers kit?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 AM

my 04 is slammed on jic magic flta2s and i have a lotta negative camber, my front tires have been wearing fast, think these would be goos for an 04 also?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Berner9,May 2 2007, 06:13 AM
I have espilars and I feel I need to get spacers. I have a lot of negative camber. They fixed it the best they could when I got it aligned. My back right it a little worse then my back left. Also for some reason my back right if lower the the left. Can just barely get my hands between the fender and tire. Probably need to do a render roll.

Anyways Im interested in this to. What and where did you get your spacers kit?
PM'd.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny,May 2 2007, 06:25 AM
my 04 is slammed on jic magic flta2s and i have a lotta negative camber, my front tires have been wearing fast, think these would be goos for an 04 also?
I don't think the spacers would do anything for your front tires wearing. If anything they would have a better relationship to the rear, but supposedly these spacers would not affect the offest of the wheels any when installed. That's what I've read.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have read posts by reliable members here that, there is no change in the length of the drive shafts between AP1 and AP2 cars.
I have an AP1 I have had the car lowered on RS*R springs for a few years now with no issues.
I am thinking about making a Bach of 10 mm spacers for people who want to use them. The amount of money they are sold for blows me away. I can make them for half the price of the cheapest availed.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do it soon, I'm in
Old 05-02-2007, 12:44 PM

Ill take some.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes seriously - anything over 100 dollars is absolutely EFFING insane. The are little pieces of machined metal.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are getting it wrong. the half shaft spacer has nothing to do with the alignment of the wheel. its angle of the axle going into the hub. getting the spacer will not change your alignment. the group buy thread explains everything.

a proper alignment after any lowering job should be done. thats why your camber is all messed up. or maybe you are just too low and need camber plates.

oh and to the OP, i've been lowered 1.1 inches for about 7 months, 8k miles, without half-shaft spacers and no problems so far.

Quick Reply: Half Shaft Spacers - must read for lowered s2000s