S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Had anybody tried ONESTOPMOTORS.COM?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had anybody tried ONESTOPMOTORS.COM?

Had anybody here or your friends tried to sell their car through www.onestopmotors.com? they charge 500 bucks to post your car on multiple sites. and thats good until they sold your car. im just wondering if its worth it or not. the good thing is, if they got a buyer they can offer loan and extended warranty. which is a plus to other buyer. specially now a days, people dont want to spend too much money on cars not unless they can buy it through loan. most of the interested individual who want to buy my car, always end up not getting an approval from their bank. your input is very much appreciated.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 PM

anybody?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM

i would have to say no

autotrader plus other car websites for free
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM

never tried. i would suggest autotrader or eBay.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 AM

Craigslist?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:47 AM

I was contacted by them and did a lot of research on it.

I really suspected a scam - it really isnt. However, you dont really get $500 worth of anything. All they do is post it up on a lot of places (autotrader, cars.com, etc) and i think a few other places.

They keep stressing this "agressive marketing" thing... They dont provide a guarentee, but they keep your car out there for as long as it takes to sell. I was talking with a gal on there and she was saying that the longer the car is on the market, the worse it is for them cause they keep having to advertize it - so its gonna go quick! right..

I'd spend whatever it takes to get it up on Autotrader - craigslist is free. If that doesnt work try another run at autotrader or ebay... you will save $400+.

They will finance - but.....anyone can go to their bank and ask for a loan? That part didnt make much sense to me. It just seems like $500 is a lot of money for something that you can do yourself for a lot less.

If they guarenteed the car to sell and then took the $500 out of your profit.....id be interested in something like that

Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 PM

thanks for the input. i already tried craigslist but not on autotrader and cars.com. probably ill try posting them on autotrader next week. a friend of mine was telling me the same on autotrader. im not in a hurry to sell the car. i will only sell it for the price i want or else im keeping it instead KWSCing it next year.

im worried about the 500 dollars if its worth it too. i mean if he can sell the car 500 more for what i ask then were even. but what if not? then ill be loosing more. if theres more input i would be glad to hear. i mean input on selling the car, since if i keep it i already had plans too.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$500??????????????????? To place classified ads of your car on (likely) free sites? Who the f*** is that lazy?

Surely you meant $50. That's absurd.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by SCCS2K,Jul 30 2008, 10:42 PM
$500??????????????????? To place classified ads of your car on (likely) free sites? Who the f*** is that lazy?

Surely you meant $50. That's absurd.
actually its 499 and he was talking about 10 site thats where their gonna post the car. i know its absurd, thats why i was asking if any of you had experience with them or somebody you know who does. co even if i post my car at cars.com and autotrader which two of the sites he mentioned only charges less than 100 for both. if 500 is worth it, then i will. but if not, then why should'nt i do it.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do it then.

Quick Reply: Had anybody tried ONESTOPMOTORS.COM?