S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Are GPW S2000's worth the heavy $$$ premium? Sometimes as much as $3-$
Yes
42.53%
No
45.98%
Maybe
11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Are GPW S2000's worth the heavy $$$ premium?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22
Originally Posted by Da New Yawka' timestamp='1379271532' post='22779424
I said "no comment" because you were talking about other cars flaws, when yours has a few questionable question marks. I really didnt want to say anything.

I posted prices of different year GPW's and posted a Rio 2008 w/Oem hardtop to show price differences.
A few questionable question marks? All I can think of on my car are the rolled fenders, but I would not call that a flaw. It was done properly and they weren't hacked up. Currently, you won't find an 08+ GPW that is cleaner than mine, and I'd put money on that. Not too many 5 year old S2000s out there (especially GPW) that still look new, smell new, and that don't have a single imperfection in the paint.
People always say "you'll never find one cleaner then my S2k", but with S2k's, there is always somebody cleaner. A 2007 GPW was on Autotrader last week with 3k miles and there was a 2009 GPW with 5k miles. And there was a APB CR with a lil over 1k miles for sale about a month or too. I watch internet sales like a hawk.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka' timestamp='1379271532' post='22779424
I said "no comment" because you were talking about other cars flaws, when yours has a few questionable question marks. I really didnt want to say anything.

I posted prices of different year GPW's and posted a Rio 2008 w/Oem hardtop to show price differences.
A few questionable question marks? All I can think of on my car are the rolled fenders, but I would not call that a flaw. It was done properly and they weren't hacked up. Currently, you won't find an 08+ GPW that is cleaner than mine, and I'd put money on that. Not too many 5 year old S2000s out there (especially GPW) that still look new, smell new, and that don't have a single imperfection in the paint.
I'll send u my Paypal in a few, because you owe me some $$$.

2008 GPW CR
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...047179203.html

I told ya, i search NATIONWIDE.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Haha, ok.

But, I'll tell you this... I've been around the S2000 for a while. Have owned four of them. I've seen my fair share of neglected ones, and ones claiming to be "mint". The first few thousand miles of the S2000 (and any car) are critical. You can have an S2000 with under 3k miles, and it could potentially already have crushed/stained bolsters, greasy/polished steering wheel, armrest, doors, the undercarriage may have seen too much rain, or not been rinsed off properly with fresh water every once in a while. I could go on and on. Thankfully, my car was looked after by the last owner. These areas are not an issue.

So please, don't tell me that I'm possibly wrong in saying "my S2000 is one of the cleanest ones out there". It is. Fact. And any person that has seen my car in person would say the same. I do know my S2000s very well, and I'm a complete nutjob when it comes to babying them and maintaining them.

So, you can go on and on about GPW AP2s being overpriced, but no one is telling you to buy one. If you're a true GPW enthusiast, the mark-up won't bother you.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka
Originally Posted by FISH22' timestamp='1379272018' post='22779437
[quote name='Da New Yawka' timestamp='1379271532' post='22779424']

2008 GPW CR

[/quote]
If I recall correctly, that car had a ton of other parts on it. And from what I recall, the fender job wasn't so great.

Oh, and take a look at that steering wheel...

And I also searched nationwide for my last two GPWs. I flew to Ohio to pick up my 09 and drive it back (600 miles), and bought my current 08 GPW from Jersey (350 miles away).
Old 09-15-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I see what's going on here. People can ask what they want. If they are willing to wait for their price and they find someone to buy it then good for them. Does the GPW command a premium? Yes. Is it worth it to some people? Yes. Do you have to pay for it? No, you can wait until someone needs to sell and the planets align.

Does my car have some flaws? Yes. Did I pay a premium? I think so, I know I was looking at comparable cars but everything I looked at had some small flaws and some major issues. I was also limiting my search to local cars. Everyone has to factor in what it's worth to them to get the car they want. Would I buy a car with rolled fenders? No. Maybe that's just me.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Haha, ok.

But, I'll tell you this... I've been around the S2000 for a while. Have owned four of them. I've seen my fair share of neglected ones, and ones claiming to be "mint". The first few thousand miles of the S2000 (and any car) are critical. You can have an S2000 with under 3k miles, and it could potentially already have crushed/stained bolsters, greasy/polished steering wheel, armrest, doors, the undercarriage may have seen too much rain, or not been rinsed off properly with fresh water every once in a while. I could go on and on. Thankfully, my car was looked after by the last owner. These areas are not an issue.

So please, don't tell me that I'm possibly wrong in saying "my S2000 is one of the cleanest ones out there". It is. Fact. And any person that has seen my car in person would say the same. I do know my S2000s very well, and I'm a complete nutjob when it comes to babying them and maintaining them.

So, you can go on and on about GPW AP2s being overpriced, but no one is telling you to buy one. If you're a true GPW enthusiast, the mark-up won't bother you.
By any chance, are u a car dealer? Thats def some Car Saleman talk right there. LOL

Im a Business Man. You saw those links to the Corvette, Elise and Nismo 370z. All for roughly the same as some of the S2k's for sale. The smart buyer, is going with the 12.4 @117 Vette. Or the 1975 lb Elise or the limited edition Nismo 370z with 350 hp.

U are thinking the same thing. Dont lie to meeeee. lol
Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka' timestamp='1379273097' post='22779452
[quote name='FISH22' timestamp='1379272018' post='22779437']
[quote name='Da New Yawka' timestamp='1379271532' post='22779424']

2008 GPW CR

[/quote]
If I recall correctly, that car had a ton of other parts on it. And from what I recall, the fender job wasn't so great.

Oh, and take a look at that steering wheel...

And I also searched nationwide for my last two GPWs. I flew to Ohio to pick up my 09 and drive it back (600 miles), and bought my current 08 GPW from Jersey (350 miles away).
[/quote]
One of my favorite parts of your car is your OEM front bumper. Im just messing with ya, Fishy!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
opcorn

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka
Originally Posted by FISH22' timestamp='1379273392' post='22779457
Haha, ok.

By any chance, are u a car dealer? Thats def some Car Saleman talk right there. LOL

Im a Business Man. You saw those links to the Corvette, Elise and Nismo 370z. All for roughly the same as some of the S2k's for sale. The smart buyer, is going with the 12.4 @117 Vette. Or the 1975 lb Elise or the limited edition Nismo 370z with 350 hp.

U are thinking the same thing. Dont lie to meeeee. lol
Haha. I'm an F/A-18 Hornet mechanic in the Navy, going on 12 years active.

I really don't understand your logic by posting those other cars. Sure, they're all fast, and can outrun an S2000. But the only one that would give a similar experience to an S would be the Elise. I was very close to picking one up a few weeks ago, but the whole package just felt a bit too cheap.

Put GPW to the side... ANY color AP2, especially 06+, with very low miles and "like-new" condition will have a premium. And that's because the S2000 is going extinct.