S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got a Ticket for HID's???

Old 04-12-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Westchester NY ( the most expensive place to live outside of Beverly Hills) the marjority of the population drive BMW's, Mercedes, Acura's and other luxury cars with HID's. I guess cops over here know better since many people have them. I guess in other parts of the country the cops arent exposed to these cars and know little about HID's. Ignorance I guess...but you would think the precinct would educate the cops on this issue.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:29 AM

I'm sorry, but its the cops job to understand what he is
giving you a ticket for. If they can't do that properly, then they
need to educate themselves or find a job that their skills
are adequate for.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been pulled over once myself for my HID's....cop thought i had my brights on, also for no front plate.....after i explained the lights and told him the car didn't come with a front plate bracket (but that i had one "special ordered" and was on the way) he let me go with no tickets at all...lucky about the front plate i guess
Old 04-12-2003, 03:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
[B]It's a shame the S2000 doesn't have levelers for the HIDs.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:23 PM

i got pulled over for that bs too. I was on the way to river side on the 60e when an ontario officer pulls me over. i told him the lights were oem and he got pissed. so he started look for other things to right me up on. he also got me for no front plate. if they dont get you for the lights they WILL find something else!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by DJHohum
i got pulled over for that bs too. I was on the way to river side on the 60e when an ontario officer pulls me over. i told him the lights were oem and he got pissed. so he started look for other things to right me up on. he also got me for no front plate. if they dont get you for the lights they WILL find something else!
on my S2K a cop won't find anything wrong.. my insurance is up to par, have both license plates, tires in good shape, all lights work etc.. so FRONT em on the head lights
Old 04-13-2003, 12:14 AM

This is more than ridiculous and is a battle that Honda should be fighting for us. I believe you have a real case of harassment and might well find an attorney willing to take this one on for a percentage of whatever you get. I wonder if some of our "finest" are frustrated because they are restrained from practicing racial profiling on drivers and are now applying the same sort of method to cars! If you are a member of any recognized "under-represented minority group," you can probably set aside enough to get a new NSX when they come out.

Blue bulbs, per se, are not illegal, of course. Here is an irony I discovered in buying high performance, non-blue, stock-wattage replacement halogen bulbs for my S2000's high beams.

Sylvania makes a halogen bulb that is rated the second-best bulb sold in Europe. It's marketed there under the company name Sylvania uses in Europe, Osram, and the bulb model is the Silverstar. It is not blue coated and, since it's not offered in the US, it's not actually legal to use it here, although it would pass all the tests if it were put through them.

In the US, Sylvania markets the identical bulb but coated blue under its own company name and calls it the Silverstar. It costs 50% more than the clear bulb and it is entirely legal in the US.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Banned

Most cops are assholes, and they take their angers onto people. Stupid cops!

You should've argued about the HID, but obviously not the missing front plate. No wonder I always have my front plate the way it came. You should've said the HID was DOT approved and came from factory. I bet those cops wouldn't pull over an Audi or BMW for having similar blue lights. Stupid cops always pick on Hondas. Shame on them! No donuts!!!