S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got a Ticket for HID's???

Old 01-31-2003, 04:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is so gay!!

Just plead not guilty when you go to court and they will most likely drop both of the charges after you explain to the judge that the headlights are stock, and you put your license plate on (you can take it back off right when you leave ). Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1-8-7...
Old 01-31-2003, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by KeithD
1-8-7...
LOL
Old 01-31-2003, 07:34 PM

Write a letter to the local newspaper's and then go to court... I wish there was a way you could sue for stupidity...
Old 01-31-2003, 07:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you expect him to know which cars have factory blue lights and which do not? Maybe he is not a car fanatic. If you told him they were factory lights and he still wrote you up, I can uderstand your frustration. But, you were obviously breaking one law....no license plate. I would go to the Police station where the officer was from and explain to the officer on duty.

Mark
Old 01-31-2003, 08:01 PM

What is the purpose of the front license plate anyways?

I mean, it's not like people can memorize or jot down your license plate number if you're flying by going to opposite direction. I can understand the rear license plate, cops tailing you to run your plates, people seeing it if you try to flee the scene, etc. But what purpose does the front license plate serve anyways?

Just wondering... and yeah, he probably didn't know you had HIDs stock, or maybe he didn't know what HIDs were at all... blame it on the ricers he busted before you..
Old 01-31-2003, 09:44 PM

just show up on court and explain it to the judge..i have a feeling u will be fine..don't worry.
sh1t happens...what's up w/ the cops these days...
Old 02-01-2003, 05:42 AM

Originally posted by whiteGoKart39
just show up on court and explain it to the judge..i have a feeling u will be fine..don't worry.
sh1t happens...what's up w/ the cops these days...
This is the F--- up part,,, Taking time off work because of this stupid cop!!!!
Its a case of your "guilty until proven innocent". You, the victim here has to do research and dig up some form of literature to prove the lights ar stock ( DOT approved ). Maybe you will be lucky and the PIG wont show up
Good luck, keep us posted,
Old 02-01-2003, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by whites2ooo
He was mad already for whatever reason and I DID NOT argue with him when he said "I'm giving you a ticket for having Blue Lights"...If I would have argued w/ him, but I knew he would just keep on writing "chicken scratch" on that ticket....
Has this EVER happened to anyone? or is it just my good luck?
Here is another thread by airgate about a similar problem. It also happened to me. So, yes, it has happened to a lot of us.

You handled yourself really well, better than I did when I was stopped for "flashing my headlights" in an officer's rear view mirror. Good for you.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by Gioire
Write a letter to the local newspaper's and then go to court... I wish there was a way you could sue for stupidity...
Unfortunately, in this country, we're only allowed to sue in order to hold someone else responsible for "our" stupidity, not to hold someone else responsible for "their" stupidity.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

Quick Reply: Got a Ticket for HID's???