S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got a Ticket for HID's???

Old 01-31-2003, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is this world coming to? Last night while on my way home, I get stopped about 1/2 a block from the freeway offramp. I said to my self "WTF did I do wrong", I pull over and go through the whole routine with the police officer...
(might I add that: Thursday nights is a popular night for streetracing among the ones that do it for a living)
Anyways, turns out this cop has been pulling over "race cars" left and right throughout the night...and I was just another victim. He was mad already for whatever reason and I DID NOT argue with him when he said "I'm giving you a ticket for having Blue Lights"...If I would have argued w/ him, but I knew he would just keep on writing "chicken scratch" on that ticket. So he gave me a ticket for blue headlights and no front license plate...Go figure.

Has this EVER happened to anyone? or is it just my good luck?
Old 01-31-2003, 02:40 PM

It hasn't happened to me. However, I really believe you can win this one with the simple explanation that all S2000s and most (if not all) luxury cars as well as others have these as standard equipment. Besides, what are you supposed to do? Get some old sealed beam lights for your S? UGH!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HID lights in the S2000 do have the "DOT" stamp on the light bulb. They are legal. We have had to educate the CHP but still get questions.

To aid your fight I think that Honda Customer Relations has something written on the subject that they can send or fax you. Give them a call. The number is in the back of your owners manual.

Woodwork
Old 01-31-2003, 03:23 PM

Thats a load of SH@$... That a$$ of a cop was just looking to clear up his book. Was that the best he could do.
The bad thing is now you need to prove your self about the lights and thats going to be a pain in the butt. The tag thing I get stopped once and awhile for that and I just pay the ticket and still have no front tag. Some area police dept's. are pushed to ticket no front tagers because its the most reflective point on your car to shoot laser.
Sorry to hear about your tickets, good luck
Old 01-31-2003, 03:23 PM

Fudge that cop, that is complete bs. Sorry, let us know if u go to court, and what happens.
MAtt
Old 01-31-2003, 03:30 PM

I've been pulled over before because of them but after explaining to him they're stock...he let me go with no ticket. He wasn't happy...but he let me go...
Old 01-31-2003, 03:35 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Woodwork
[B]To aid your fight I think that Honda Customer Relations has something written on the subject that they can send or fax you.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:36 PM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

that is CRAP!! file a complaint. Be sure to write in how rude he was to you over HEADLIGHTS!
Old 01-31-2003, 04:01 PM

[QUOTE]
[B]

Matt-

I know that you are not in Customer Relations, but do you know anything about this? I'd like to have a copy of this to whip out, if necessary.

If we post a copy, everyone can print it out.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:01 PM

I think this is a great opportunity to file a complaint to your police department. Furthermore, follow up the issue by calling a local news stations that has a consumer advocate. This type of ill-mannered service is something the people of California do not need. This officer, whether or not he just got stick jammed up his ass, needs to show some sort of professionalism. His overall lack of knowledge in regards to headlights (not like there's much to know) together with misled assumptions about your intentions on the road that night just prove how ineffective this officer is. Tax dollars are wasted on officers that cannot even do a simple job like patrolling for illegal racing. Rather than breaking up an illegal speed contest or preventing a possible race in a high risk area, he pulls over a car he believes to be "suspect," and furthermore wastes his and your time that night as well as the tax dollars used to process the ticket.

If you are a police officer and you are reading this, feel free to comment. I personally find this type of idiocy the reason why there is often such intense dissatisfaction with "PIG Service."

Quick Reply: Got a Ticket for HID's???