S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got a ticket!!!

Old 09-20-2001, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a ticket!!!

Coming home from school, the state trooper pulls me over and gives me a ticket for not having the front license tag. Gonna pay the fine($50) but I dont think I want to put the license tag on...What did you guys do in this situation???
Old 09-20-2001, 06:00 AM

The most successful thing that I've heard is to keep a broken license plate frame in the trunk with the plate itself and show it to the officer when you get pulled over and say how it was damaged by a rude parallel parker. However, police may be catching on and with the little hole covers that you fit in the bumper when your plate is not there, it may be hard to prove. Also, meter maids will frequently ticket for no front plate if your state requires them, as well as lapsing registration, inspection, and meter!
Old 09-20-2001, 07:36 AM
Fed

They actually pulled you over just for the front plate not being there?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I've gotten tickets before, but all where parking tickets. I haven't been pulled over for not having the plate on!!!!
Old 09-20-2001, 08:14 AM

I just pay the ticket and keep driving...no front plate.
Old 09-20-2001, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my way home from Dallas a few months ago (back when I still had FL plates), I crested a hill and was hit with instant-on. I was doing about 8 over, and the cop flipped a quick U turn to pull me over. One of the things he said to me was "no front plate in Florida?" which leads me to believe that he thought I was going to be an easy ticket, had I had the car registered here in Texas at the time.

I've been pulled over once since then for no front plate (after I had registered in Texas), but it was on July 4 coming out of a park, and I think the guy just needed to say he pulled a lot of people over (and document it with a warning ticket).

I'm not stressed about it, and I'm not putting that front plate on!
Old 09-20-2001, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over the years I have been pulled over several times for no front plate. I was always afraid it would happen when I had the track tires on the car and I did not want the officer to notice them and then to start noticing other stuff, so I compromised and put the front plate on. However, I felt the need to modify it first.

Since the modification I have not been pulled over, and so far only one or two people have noticed something was strange about my front plate.

I folded over the top and the bottom about an inch - thus making the plate about two inches shorter. I then took the plastic plate frame and modified that to the new size and put everything back on. Now the plate does not hang into the air intake and looks less like a buck tooth on the front of the car.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:26 AM

Thank god Florida doesnt have those damn front plates!

Couldn't you just fabricate a way to hold it in the grill? Maybe behind it, so its not noticeable but its there?
Old 09-20-2001, 01:32 PM
Fed

If the plate is not noticeable, you get a ticket for obstructing the view of the license plate. It's a lose-lose situation.