S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got hit today

Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll' timestamp='[url="tel:1347843684"
1347843684[/url]' post='22016196]
sad face
Thanks man, at least if I have to get another you'll have more fenders to roll!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 AM

The car is being moved to a body shop today, my dad is a service advisor at a local Lexus dealer so they're going to make sure it's done right at their shop. Her insurance had a guy go do the estimate yesterday for repairs and he quoted $7,200 without including any suspension parts (did include my wheel, but not a tire?) or account for any frame damage. He said since he doesn't know what's broken without taking it apart they'd just ad to the damage estimate after someone can get a good look at it, which should happen today or tomorrow at the shop.

Her insurance is dragging out taking liability because the lady that hit me is contesting the police report, so I have to wait for them to do a full investigation. I'm going to be filing with my insurance today so I can get a rental/loaner car and the repair process can begin, or get it totalled out after they take the front end apart, I just need movement towards getting back on the road.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing with Insurance company can ever be cut and dry. 7,2000 seems low from what i see in the pictures. I hope every thing works out man.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ouhei
The car is being moved to a body shop today, my dad is a service advisor at a local Lexus dealer so they're going to make sure it's done right at their shop. Her insurance had a guy go do the estimate yesterday for repairs and he quoted $7,200 without including any suspension parts (did include my wheel, but not a tire?) or account for any frame damage. He said since he doesn't know what's broken without taking it apart they'd just ad to the damage estimate after someone can get a good look at it, which should happen today or tomorrow at the shop.

Her insurance is dragging out taking liability because the lady that hit me is contesting the police report, so I have to wait for them to do a full investigation. I'm going to be filing with my insurance today so I can get a rental/loaner car and the repair process can begin, or get it totalled out after they take the front end apart, I just need movement towards getting back on the road.
She should contest the police report. I suspect that the officer forgot to add that she needs to have her head removed from her rectum. That ought to complete the report adequately.

I hope that you get things back to the way that they were previously and that the insurance makes good on the diminished value.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM

The car is looking like it'll be repaired, barring they find more extensive damage than they expect once they remove the body panels today/this weekend. I should have a definitive answer by Monday. The law in NC is that it's not totalled unless it's 75% of the car's value in damage (which I thought was kinda high, but it is what it is).

One positive out of this is that my front end had a ton of rock chips in it and now I'll have a nice fresh paint job...wooo
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 AM

UPDATE: She'll live! $8,600 in damages, they're ordering all the Honda parts today, getting in contact with GT Motoring for the replacement wheel as well. I don't have a time frame yet but I'll assume 2-3 weeks.

Here's a list of all things getting replaced:

- Driver's door
- Driver's front fender
- Driver's side turn light
- Driver's side headlight
- Front bumper
- Hood
- Full inner bumper supports (foam and beam)
- Headlight bracket and other misc brackets in that general area
- Upper/Lower Control arms
- Inner/Outer tie rods
- ABS sensor
- Stabilizer link
- Driver's side front coilover
- Driver's side front wheel
- Driver's side front tire

As soon as it's back on the road I'll be filing a diminished value claim, it's a pretty extensive repair so I imagine I'm going to take a hit in value...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM

That's amazing news! Look forward to seeing it around in the near future.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to see this man!

Glad to see it's being taken care of.

Hate to see an S go to salvage.

Good luck with everything!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 PM

Good news!

With damages in that amount you should definitely submit a claim for diminished value. Hope things work out well!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear. Whats the cars value? because with that much damage im thinking most ap1s would be totaled.

Quick Reply: Got hit today