S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Going to order S2000 now

Old 06-24-2002, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to order S2000 now

About to leave to leave a chech at the dealer for 300$ to hold his next inc S2k.A Black on Black 2002.I sure hope this is a cool color, want some feedback, cause he said I can change it,but would have to wait 1 more month.

He told me he would do the car for msrp, 32,860.

any suggestions about extended warrantees etc for the car, or special dealer coatings or any other options would be greatly appreciated.

For the Black on Black owners , tell me how you like the car and how hard is it to keep clean etc...
Old 06-24-2002, 04:53 PM

Most guys have to have a black car at some point in their life. Mine was years ago, a '92 Legend coupe. Beautiful car but MAN was it a pain to keep clean!

If you're like me and like to keep your car clean without having to wash it every other day, go with silver. If you think silver is too common and want to be distinguished, go woth white (like me)!
;-)
Old 06-24-2002, 05:00 PM

I just wanted to get e-mail notification for this thread...
Old 06-24-2002, 09:05 PM

Three days with black/black and it suits me perfectly. It doesn't scream *LOOK AT ME* but it gets the looks nonetheless. Very stealth with an undercover vibe. Great *evening* color too. Very classy. It's very understated since the lines and curves don't initially jump out at you like a mid tone color. Yep, every little water drop/handprint is pretty apparent but in my opinion there is nothing quite a stunning as black when it's clean. So there's the trade off, get black if you enjoy the process of shining her up; if not, white or silver is going to camoflage the day to day imperfections much better. I have a white Pathfinder for a beater that has hail damage and you can really only see it when the light and angles are right (or wrong, depending on your perspective).

From a graphical standpoint, mid tone cars (such as silver) will give you a broad spectrum from highlight to shadow, containing all the subtle *grey* shades in between. This presents the car in it's best light, literally. That's also why I think most car brochures depict mid-tone cars for their clarity in communicating the lines and curves of a car quickly. White cars are all highlight so the *gleam* is not as dramatic, imo, and the shadow areas are rather lackluster. With black you are all shadow so you lose alot of the middle spectrum but the highlights pop with maximum drama. Black, imo, can only be appreciated firsthand; photos rarely do it justice.

Also, Maul, as mentioned to you in a separate thread, black, unfortunately is hot as hell if you leave the top down in the sun. Be prepared to purchase some seat covers that resist the heat built up. But being someone who is always cold, I don't mind it too much and I plan on drivng her into the fall. I'm sure I'll appreciate the heat absorption when the chill arrives.

PS Another big selling point for me that set black apart was that it's the only color where the car matches the top. For me, that seems to give it a more *complete* look than the two-tone combos when the top's up.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Ironmaul
He told me he would do the car for msrp, 32,860....
FYI, if you haven't paid for the car yet, I think that you can get a much better price.

Get internet quotes from the dealers in your area and I bet you'll be happy you did.

Good Luck!
Old 06-25-2002, 09:02 AM

Love it! 'Nuff said.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:16 AM

Welcome to Club Black! Yes, it is more work, but I did not mind. This is not my daily driver (although I drive it whenever I can) so I can keep it cleaner longer. A couple of tools will help you keep it clean.

1 - Zaino - apply Zaino as soon as you can. The dealer deliver the car (on a flat bed) to my home. In the garage it went and I detailed the car, not the dealer. Zaino will make it a lot easier to clean because the dirt will not stick to the car. Yes, it still gets dirty, but clean up is easier.
2 - California Duster - after washing, you feeling like driving...this will take all the dust from the drive off your car without having to rewash.
3 - Microfibre towels & Z6 - use to quickly detail the car and get that just washed look quickly.

Here is a pic of my '02 blk/blk:

Old 06-25-2002, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Ironmaul
About to leave to leave a chech at the dealer for 300$ to hold his next inc S2k.A Black on Black 2002.I sure hope this is a cool color...He told me he would do the car for msrp, 32,860...any suggestions about extended warrantees etc for the car, or special dealer coatings or any other options would be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations Ironmaul!

MSRP is great for a car like this; Black is definitely a "cool" color visually - I like the all Black
look; I probably couldn't handle the heat factor, but that's just me. I say Go For It!

I purchased the extended warranty simply because it is a "newer" production car, and I simply
didn't want to be bothered with anything going wrong during the first 100,000 miles.
(that's how long I'll be keeping this baby. Even longer) You never know what could crop up,
especially for someone like me, who is really not very tecky with cars; I can fix some basic
stuff, but when it comes to the engine, or the retractable roof, or anything electrical, I'd just
as well send it to the dealer.

I think you'll get an earful from Zaino-holics on how to keep your precious S nice and shiny!
My Zaino is on order, too!

Enjoy!

-V.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VinceD
[B]

Congratulations Ironmaul!
Old 06-25-2002, 06:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maveric
[B]MSRP is OK in CA, but not in Kansas! Remember that price is dependent on locality.
We should encourage fellow members to get the best deal possible, agreed?

Quick Reply: Going to order S2000 now