S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Going from black to white

Old 10-21-2006, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going from black to white

Hi. My black S was totalled and I'm looking to get into a new one. I'm thinking very strongly about going from black to white because there is a 07 white coming in "any day now."

I feel that if I am going to get a new S, I might want to change colors to ensure a sense of newness and excitement about getting a new car. If I get another black one, it's like getting my old one back, the same old thing. I hasten to add that I loved the black; I didn't mind washing it every week, in fact, I enjoyed it.

I think white is beautiful, especially with the black interior. However, without offending any of the white owners, are there any negatives to owning white? I'm asking because it might be good to know before I own the car, instead of after the purchase. Please keep in mind that if any downsides to owning white are mentioned, these are only personal opinions, and I am not hoping to hurt anyone's feelings.

For example, when you wax a white car, can you even notice a difference?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:01 AM

My previous car was white and I loved it. You could definitely notice a huge difference after washing/waxing/detailing. Not as drastic as on black, but still huge (plus white doesn't show swirl marks anywhere near as bad). To be honest, I think I'd like to have another white car instead of black. It is just such a clean look, especially with black leather interior.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the quick and uplifting opinion. When I think of a white S2000, I am reminded of Jimi Hendrix's white Stratocaster, beautiful, sleek, and it goes well with many other colors like the purple scarves and headbands he used to wear.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My reply has nothing to due with the S2000, but with white paint in general.

I have owned two white cars, a STi and RX7. The only problem with white paint is that it temporary stains with colored debris. By debris I mean soot off trees, bizarre colored bird droppings, tire dressing (which leaves pink stains), oils, ect.... When you wash the car, even wax it, sometimes these stains don't get removed. They will show for weeks and then miraculously disappear.

I don't know why and I cannot explain it, but that is my experience with white exterior paint.

Mike
Old 10-21-2006, 08:33 AM

yea white with black interior is what practically sold it for me. but isnt the 07 with black and red interior?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 AM

No, I believe the white is available with black interior.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:58 AM

Not that I've owned a white car, but I would say go with white. Especially since your old S2K was black; you need a change!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 AM

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Is the 07 white only available with a red/black interior? I have the 07 brochure; the white is listed separately with red/black leather. I guess that's the only way it comes?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a black 02 and went to a white 06.... i love the change. i still think black is a great color, but since i was getting another s2000, i wanted to get a diffrent color aswell so it wouldnt feel like im walking up to the same car... and i personally think white is a amazing color for the s2000

Quick Reply: Going from black to white