S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

God everyone just have to coax me into racing.

Old 04-16-2001, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday i was taking a leisurely drive to go pick up my hella supertones from Javaguru and some riced up eclipse wants to race (a Gen2) and it's not even the GSX. now i didn't wanna race but he kept toying with me so he's doing about 75 to my left and then he guns it and gives me the finger. now thems fighting words. i pull up even to him at about 115 in 5th and smile and wave to him...i don't think he thought i was going to catch up...so he tried to gun it and i shift into 6th and left him in the dust...not even close...i then proceeded to tell him he was number one too by showing him my finger.

then today on the way to lunch some s.o.b. in an integra (not even the Type-R) comes closing in on me from a distance. i saw him swurvying in the rear view through traffic to catch up to me. he then slows down to be next to me and he obviously wants to race. the traffic is kinda thick so i don't do anything but he keeps giving me this look like he's going to kick my ass in a fight. so when i see day light i notice he guns it so i drop into 3rd and go flying past him...shifted all the way up to 6th and had about 10+ car length lead.

Man...neither race was close nor interesting but they both gave me thumbs up when it was done...i guess instead of feeling stupid you smile and wave graciously.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:36 AM

Must have been a non turbo Eclipse or a poor running stock turbo. DSM's are highway monsters and even without many mods they are formidable cars. GSX's are slower from a roll at highway speeds than GS-T's (FWD turbos) because of the weight difference. It's not very difficult to turn a stock GS-T or GSX into a strong 12 sec. car. They are very strong on top end when modded. Alot of the Integra/Civic crowd will antagonize you just so they can see what the S will do. I've run several that knew they probably didn't stand a chance but wanted to see if the S was hype, lucky for me it's not. It's always fun when you win, no matter what you race.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:50 AM

I think it's one thing when people want to see what your car can do, and another when they swerve through traffic to catch up and flick you off to antagonize you. That really shows a lack of class.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:17 AM

Yeah I was parked out on the "circuit" at my friends house showing off my S2000 to all the crazy racers on Saturday night. It seemed like I got a lot of thumbs up from the Honda peeps, yet a lot of antogonizing, thumbs down and other unfriendly gestures from the domestic owners. That's why I don't drive around the circuit, I park and watch them get pulled over, haha. Hell, if I raced every moron that tried to get under my skin, I'd have a lot of tickets and would probably never see my liscence again, and my insurance is bad enough as it is thank you. I can't count how many people I saw get busted racing light to light.

I'm starting to realize it's not worth the bother. Most of the time the person trying to race you is driving a car worth 1/3 what yours is. They don't have as much to lose. One false move and you're out an S2000, them an 87 Mustang GT.

One of these nights I'm going to bust out the video camera and tape some of the morons I run into.

Well, I better stop rambling now. Don't want to give you guys a headache.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:30 AM

Honda S2000 = Karen Carpenter song "close to you"

"why do birds suddenly appear...."

I just encountered the occupants of a slammed Accord on much friendlier terms - kinda wierd, but I kinda like it.

Old 04-16-2001, 11:44 AM

tmkarab,

thanks for the song...i needed something else to download in my quest to get every song worth downloading...that makes 1413 songs for me =)
Old 04-16-2001, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Swurvydel
tmkarab,

thanks for the song...i needed something else to download in my quest to get every song worth downloading...that makes 1413 songs for me =)

heheheee, must be quite a collection - I only have about 11

Old 04-16-2001, 02:09 PM

Swurvy,

Pick and choose your targets!

You have to be careful. You don't want to get in trouble for the wrong reason.

I hate it when people want to race in traffic. Traffic is not the place to play in. Too dangerous for yourself and others. Unfortunately for us, heavy traffic is too common.

Type R maybe, but an eclipse? God forbid you're telling the story how you got a ticket racing some eclipse!?! Isn't that embarrasing. F20 is right. It really isn't worth it.

One of the best times I've had was just last Sunday. Flying through NJ on my way out to Bloomfield at 7:30 in the morning. No traffic, just me. I thought I was Oliver Panis taking the onramp to the GSP like they were chicanes.

Have you been to a track yet? I'm beginning to consider it. I'd like to go to a racing school and then take it out on a track.

But it is certainly difficult not to drive fast. They don't make it easy for us.