S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Getting your car serviced - Horror Stories

Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting your car serviced - Horror Stories

Not that much of a horror story, but enough to make me really mad.

I was getting an alignment at NTB the other day. I called in advance to see how long it was going to take. They said they could get me in and out in 45mins to 1 hour.

So I drive to NTB and ask the guy at the front how long it was going to take. Once again, 45 mins to 1 hour.

1 hour and 30 minutes later I finally see some worker pull my car around.. but wait! he doesn't pull in to the garage. He goes somewhere for atleast 3-4 mins. I ask another guy where is my car?! The conversation went like this:

The Guy - its right there in the front
Me - no its not
The Guy - yes it is
Me - I saw it pull around and its been gone for a few minutes
The Guy- that was another white car, not yours.
Me - wtf! I know it was my car that was pulled around
The Guy - Oh, somebody must of taking it for a test drive. Ya know, to make sure everything is ok.
Me - You take test drive BEFORE alignments? Last time I was here you guys only took it afterwards for a little ride.
The Guy - I don't know but we do test drive before and after..

My car finally returns and gets the alignment. I knew the guy took my car for a joy ride because he came back all smiling and giggling to his buddies. Since I sat there for over 2.5 hours I saw a few other cars getting serviced (tires changed/rotated and alignment). NONE of them were taking for a test drive, before nor after! I was pissed but I kept my cool, for the most part.

I called their customer service dept. and talked to some lady. She apologized for my horrible experience and told me that she would have to notify the upper management and then get back to me.

its been a few days and I still have not received any news.

sorry, I just wanted to rant about my experience!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My worst fear for not having a family mechanic or mechanic friends!

Call again and ask what they're going to do about it!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your story makes me want to stand there at the service center exit of the parking lot and block it so my car cannot be taken out for a joyride. Maybe I'll put on a traffic vest so I can be seen better when I put my hand out to stop them.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would piss me off. Once I recorded the odometer before taking the car in for alignment, just to see if they really did test drive it.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by AlX Boi,Dec 4 2007, 03:48 AM
My worst fear for not having a family mechanic or mechanic friends!

Call again and ask what they're going to do about it!
I'll give them till the end of this week to call me back.

It sucks that I bought the 1 year alignment package! When I talk to them again I'm going to ask for atleast some of my money back because I definitely do not want to go back there.

Originally Posted by S2Kart,Dec 4 2007, 04:59 AM
That would piss me off. Once I recorded the odometer before taking the car in for alignment, just to see if they really did test drive it.
and did they test drive it?

I'm so paranoid now. I'm going to have to let my car stay at a shop in the near future to fix my front bumper from a hit and run... (more idiotic people)

I've thought of telling them a story that I just got my engine rebuilt and that its very important that if they take the car out; to not rev past 5k .
Old 12-04-2007, 04:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No they do have to test-drive it after.

If they don't they can't tell if they have gotten everything right. I got one done and when I was paying for it the guy told me it still pulls to the right, I knew it would, but I was glad they told me.

There isn't much of a point of test driving it before.

I'm actually at a dealership getting my 30k done right now. I had to explain to them why I wasn't paying to have my tires rotated. The guy told me he knew what he was doing, so I said, "you should know that Bridgestone s02s are directional and that the wheels are staggered fit, meaning you can't rotate them." I think I confused him, but everything was taken care of so far. It wasn't on my bill.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:54 AM
z4k

When I was an alignment Tech at Sears I would test drive before and after. The reason was the CSA who 'sold' the service doesn't always get the correct information. I check if the steering wheel is cocked and if the car is pulling. It is standard procedure.

Now if I was not in the position I am in, being a tech and knowing people, I would be in the car for there test drive before and after. I tell my father to do the same when he brings his car to the dealer.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Banned

NTB is like Jiffy Lube they are careless & there service sucks!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:36 AM

I've never had an alignment take more than 20 minutes total...
Old 12-04-2007, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Teawins21,Dec 4 2007, 03:08 AM
Not that much of a horror story, but enough to make me really mad.

I was getting an alignment at NTB the other day. I called in advance to see how long it was going to take. They said they could get me in and out in 45mins to 1 hour.

So I drive to NTB and ask the guy at the front how long it was going to take. Once again, 45 mins to 1 hour.

1 hour and 30 minutes later I finally see some worker pull my car around.. but wait! he doesn't pull in to the garage. He goes somewhere for atleast 3-4 mins. I ask another guy where is my car?! The conversation went like this:

The Guy - its right there in the front
Me - no its not
The Guy - yes it is
Me - I saw it pull around and its been gone for a few minutes
The Guy- that was another white car, not yours.
Me - wtf! I know it was my car that was pulled around
The Guy - Oh, somebody must of taking it for a test drive. Ya know, to make sure everything is ok.
Me - You take test drive BEFORE alignments? Last time I was here you guys only took it afterwards for a little ride.
The Guy - I don't know but we do test drive before and after..

My car finally returns and gets the alignment. I knew the guy took my car for a joy ride because he came back all smiling and giggling to his buddies. Since I sat there for over 2.5 hours I saw a few other cars getting serviced (tires changed/rotated and alignment). NONE of them were taking for a test drive, before nor after! I was pissed but I kept my cool, for the most part.

I called their customer service dept. and talked to some lady. She apologized for my horrible experience and told me that she would have to notify the upper management and then get back to me.

its been a few days and I still have not received any news.

sorry, I just wanted to rant about my experience!
When I have to take my car in for service, I ALWAYS tell them NO TEST DRIVES.

Quick Reply: Getting your car serviced - Horror Stories