S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Get Your 20th Anniversary S2000 Parts Now

Old 08-09-2020, 05:54 AM

Received 646 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm really amused by how many people sprung for the radio door.....It has a semi-gloss black brushed appearance....aka it matches literally NOTHING in the s2000 interior for any years....I've seen quite a few of these radio doors installed and they really look out of place. I think their value is them being kept in their boxes as some kind of limited bragging right...once they go into the car they lose all appeal, but that's just merely my opinion.

Everything else I couldn't care less about.

It's all overpriced and basically rebranded OEM releases of discontinued parts, sans the bumper and interior lighting kit, which are both lackluster. I was interested in the interior lighting kit, but after seeing the install documented by a Japanese fellow, I'm less than impressed with every facet of them.
The following users liked this post:
BLKs2K08 (08-10-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 08:22 AM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
I'm really amused by how many people sprung for the radio door.....It has a semi-gloss black brushed appearance....aka it matches literally NOTHING in the s2000 interior for any years....I've seen quite a few of these radio doors installed and they really look out of place.. I was interested in the interior lighting kit, but after seeing the install documented by a Japanese fellow, I'm less than impressed with every facet of them.
I did spring for the CR door in my Rio Yellow with black interior and I think it works pretty well.

As far as the interior lighting kit, I tapped into the circuit/fuse board on the driver’s side (with “add a circuit” ) and set up LED under footwell lights (blue) that are on all the time when the ignition is on. It is the 12V outlet below the secret compartment circuit. They are not too bright and give a lot of depth at night to the cockpit. Easy and inexpensive. I purchased the ones I wanted for about $15 at Walmart and just cut off the supplied male cigarette lighter plug and hooked them with electrical connectors . I did have to run a wire behind the head unit but that was easy.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Site Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 308 Posts

The 20th anniversary parts and the replacement parts programs are separate. The replacement parts catalog was delayed due to Covid so calm down.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manga_Spawn:
Cossa (08-09-2020), s2kx2 (08-09-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
Why can't you buy a soft top? They are still available.

https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-p...MxMC1TMkEtSjAz

Thanks for this!! I had spoken to multiple dealers here in Calgary, Canada and they told me that Honda doesn't make the OEM top anymore. They tried multiple options to try and get me a top that is OEM or better but they said no dice. I was hoping and reading that Honda would re-release a quality OEM top for the 20th anniversary replacement part catalog.

I hate to bug you but do you know any other sources of OEM top's? I am debating on what to do for next year when I need to replace the top. I have heard that Robbin's top's are great, some people love OEM but they are expensive etc. I am purchasing from Canada so the foreign exchange is also a factor.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ekritikos
Thanks for this!! I had spoken to multiple dealers here in Calgary, Canada and they told me that Honda doesn't make the OEM top anymore. They tried multiple options to try and get me a top that is OEM or better but they said no dice. I was hoping and reading that Honda would re-release a quality OEM top for the 20th anniversary replacement part catalog.

I hate to bug you but do you know any other sources of OEM top's? I am debating on what to do for next year when I need to replace the top. I have heard that Robbin's top's are great, some people love OEM but they are expensive etc. I am purchasing from Canada so the foreign exchange is also a factor.

Thanks!
Not to derail the thread *completely*, but greetings from a fellow Calgarian! There used to be many of us on here, but sadly not the case these days! I spoke with CR Techniques recently about replacement tops; they can source Robbins tops but not the OEM. If you're looking for some one to do the install once you have your roof, let me know. I'd highly recommend Dylan from CR!

Cheers,
A
Old 08-10-2020, 07:22 PM

Received 107 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ekritikos

Thanks!
As far as I know they are not discontinued and can be bought anywhere in the US and A.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:07 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

https://www.247hondaparts.com/v-2001...op-cloth-00-01
Old 08-11-2020, 08:33 PM

If they were overwhelmed, they failed in their market research. The love for the S2000 is strong and will live for a long time.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:52 PM

Again, may I repeat myself, they failed in their market research by limiting their market to one country.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:22 AM

Received 107 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree they failed terribly. The S2000 was so popular in the US, which was the largest market for the S2000 but for some reason made these parts 'Japan only'. Honda jabbers out of two corners of their mouth, they recognize the incredible enthusiasm the S2000 still has 20 years after launch, and wants to do something special as a result, then limits their efforts to their own country only.

If this is their approach to the 20th anniversary parts, then my expectation for the parts catalog is very low at this point (it was low to begin with because they only took requests via FB and Twitter feeds, no direct correspondence in a dedicated website).

Quick Reply: Get Your 20th Anniversary S2000 Parts Now