S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

<< Gauging Custom Car Cover Interest >>

Old 04-05-2002 | 01:24 AM

ianl - its obvious that this isn't the only product out there and this isn't the first one of its kind made. this thread is only here to gauge interest to see if I had a batch of these made if they would be purchased for the S2000's. if you have a covercraft and it serves your purpose - that's great. and I certainly don't mind going over to covercraft's site and obtaining one of theirs. Currently, the only individuals that have been interested in these particular covers are some of the Ferrari owners, so along with the S2000, I'll be receiving some for their cars.

here are some pictures to give you an idea of what it will look like:

Old 04-05-2002 | 03:36 AM
Former Sponsor

I'd be interested, especially if it opens on the side like the one in the photo. The Covercraft cover I have is way too bulky and can't be washed very easily, so almost never use it Your cirteria sound more like the Weathersheild cover, which is much, much better than the Covercraft.
Old 04-05-2002 | 04:53 AM

Oooooo......now I'm confused I thought that Covercraft was the name of the company that made Weathersheild covers!

Anyhow, I must say Schatten in the pic's the cover you are proposing does look very nice indeed - the fit looks great (better than my 'Covercraft-Weathersheild'), probably making it less susceptible to blowing off in medium - high winds.

I didn't mean to cause any offence - honest
Old 04-05-2002 | 05:24 AM
Former Moderator

Raising Hand.
Old 04-05-2002 | 09:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]I'd be interested, especially if it opens on the side like the one in the photo. The Covercraft cover I have is way too bulky and can't be washed very easily, so almost never use it
Old 04-05-2002 | 10:06 AM
Administrator

Yes, the weathershield cover is made by covercraft, but that's not the only fabrics they make covers in.

I've never seen a lighter, more compact cover than the weathershield one (yes I have one custom cut for the S2K) so I'm guessing Rick might have a covercraft cover made from a different material.
Old 04-05-2002 | 11:48 AM

All full car covers are pretty bulky for our small trunks. I wish someone would make a cover for just the W/S and convertible top "greenhouse area" It would keep the car cool in the summer and be so much easier to put on and to store.
Z3solutions.com has a great one one for the Z3 (I own one) that also provides door-ding protection- also costs less than a fullcover. More practical for sports cars IMHO. Check it out at www.z3solutions .com. I know the owner; I'll drop him a line and see if he's interested in producng one.
Old 04-05-2002 | 11:54 AM

Gene, there is one being produced and sold right now - I can't remember who makes it, but someone should chime in a plug after seeing your post. =)
Old 04-05-2002 | 01:06 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

I just bought the one that covers the cockpit and windshield, it is UPS tracked to arrive today for our Devil's Highway Trip. It was on one of the sponsor sites, but I got it through the manufacturer for 40% off of that price. It is a covercraft specialty cover.

I'll post how well it does next week when I am back.
Old 04-05-2002 | 06:29 PM

S2KRob,
We bought the Honda cover......very heavy material, with a felt-like material on the inside.
Camille

Quick Reply: << Gauging Custom Car Cover Interest >>