S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

<< Gauging Custom Car Cover Interest >>

Old 04-04-2002 | 01:32 PM

Default << Gauging Custom Car Cover Interest >>

I'm currently looking into a custom made car cover for the S2000. The current car cover by Honda is nice and all, but isn't exactly the best for S2000's that are stored outdoors. (don't curse me for that! I don't have a house yet!) This car cover would be sold through myself and Tim Hamm of MG Racing.

Features of this car cover will be:
- completely water-proof
- does not allow condensation to form
- heat-reflective (repels solar radiation)
- protects the bodywork from scratches
- thermic (protects the car from low (-30
Old 04-04-2002 | 01:38 PM

What price range are you shooting for?
Old 04-04-2002 | 01:47 PM

shooting for ~$200.

I'm also looking at indoor cover materials that are breathable and scratch resistant. These materials would come in various colors to compliment your S2000.
Old 04-04-2002 | 05:17 PM

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best cover for the car when I leave it parked outside all day. In the rocky mountain region, sun dammage is my main concern.

My other concern is how long would it take to cool down the vehicle before putting the cover on? (I've never bothered to own a cover for my other vehicles.) Since the S2000 runs hot, and on a hot summer day with the sun shining, would the cover just melt into my hood and give my car that special look?
Old 04-04-2002 | 05:22 PM

IMO Covercraft already beat you too it. They have covers that have all the properties listed except for the logo. I love mine.
Old 04-04-2002 | 05:43 PM

quite familiar with covercraft, and other companies that produce similar covers. however, the materials and construction are different. just trying to gauge interest in these covers as a site sponsor. and if you notice - the price I'm shooting for is not much different than covercraft's.

as for covering your car after being in the hot sun and running at high temps - I've done that w/the Honda car cover and it has never caused a problem. they are breathable and can release heat as needed.
Old 04-04-2002 | 05:57 PM

we bought the car cover when we got our S2000. I personally find it to be heavy and bulky. since our car is black my husband is not too keen on putting this cover on when I am at work, for the possibility of scratching. Seems to me that this cover is a bust for a black car you want to keep scratch free and clean.
I bought a car cover for his porsche and it is a lightweight nylon material, easy to put on and it has a lock on it......ran me about $150.00........just something to think about for women that don't want to lug a heavy car cover in and out of the trunk daily.
Camille
Old 04-04-2002 | 09:27 PM

Camille,

Which car cover did you buy, the Honda one or the Covercraft one?
Old 04-04-2002 | 09:28 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

I bought the Honda cover because I also have no garage. I have been wondering about what to do in the winter. I live in rainy British Columbia, and although we don't get much snow, it stays wet pretty much most of the winter. Do you think it is ok to have the damp honda cover on the car for months on end?
Old 04-05-2002 | 12:49 AM

I have the Covercraft cover, and I believe it satisfies most of the criteria you have set out - are you not in danger of re-inventing the wheel here?

Sorry to be negative

Quick Reply: << Gauging Custom Car Cover Interest >>