S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 09-16-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiksence
I pulled up to a stoplight today and a homeless guy smiled and told me, "wow honda s2000, haven't seen one of those since 1999! Nice car"

$1.00 given lol
I would have gave him a bit more for knowing what’s up.
lol
Old 09-16-2014, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by kaotiksence
I pulled up to a stoplight today and a homeless guy smiled and told me, "wow honda s2000, haven't seen one of those since 1999! Nice car"

$1.00 given lol
Haha! That homeless guy would have suprised me by saying that. I met a homeless guy once named Roy. I called him homeless Roy... He said he has a degree in chemical engineering (which did him no good he said). Homeless ppl are interesting.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:04 AM

pulled up outside a pub waiting for some traffic lights. had the top down and a vest on. a taxi pulls up and an old dear gets out (at least 65 yrs old) with a male friend (maybe 60 yrs old)

old lady shouts over - 'ohh don't you look cool in that!'

me - laughs

old man friend - 'shes looking for a new fella you know!'

me - 'your too old for me love sorry haha'....lights go green, I drive off

....im 27 btw
Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 AM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by tangoray
old man friend - 'shes looking for a new fella you know!'

me - 'your too old for me love sorry haha'

....im 27 btw
Here is a quote from Ben Franklin on older women:

"But if you will not take this Counsel, and persist in thinking a Commerce with the Sex inevitable, then I repeat my former Advice, that in all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

i. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor'd with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro' more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding2 only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!

Thus much for my Paradox. But still I advise you to marry directly; being sincerely Your affectionate Friend."
Old 09-17-2014, 10:37 AM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Wait, did Ben just suggest, in effect, to put a bag over her head?

Overall, quite provacative for the time. Apparently Ben was one twisted white-wig wearing freak.

I will never look at those commercials with Ben being chased by bad guys looking to get your money the same way ever again.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Yes, back in colonial days, women were not afforded the same status or rights as men. Things were different then; black people were kept as slaves, women couldn't vote, things like that. Thankfully, things have changed. And it all has very little to do with funny things people have said about your S2000.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:14 PM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy

Old 09-23-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I ever see another s2k driver, I'm going to take the opportunity to tell them what a nice Miata it is, whilst driving mine haha.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a good conversation with an older lady this last Friday. Was sitting in my friends house and she was a family friend of theirs dropping something off.

While sitting there I heard her say, "Who's beautiful little S2000 is that in the driveway?" I just sat there for a moment to see what was said between her and my friend. Something was said by one of the parties that made me stand up and say something (I don't recall what it was, but it was something funny).

She told me about how she had an early model silver Del Sol and that she fell in love with the S2000 when it came out. She wanted a Silver 2000 S2000. She never got one though because she had some kind of surgery around the time that would make it hard for her to get in it. She said after seeing mine she wants to start looking for one again

I would guess she is in her late 60's
Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 AM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Did you offer her a ride? It was civic duty at that moment. Even if you had no intention to follow Ben Franklins advice.