S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for my car for quite a while and was actually looking at M3's for a bit prior to buying my AP1. When i finally picked it up i told my coworker:

Me: Man i finally picked up my car!
Guy: YEA? What is it?
Me: Well its not an M3…
Guy: What did you get?
Me: Honda S2000
Guy: YOU LITTLE PRICK! YOURE GONNA GET SO MANY BITCHES!! XD

The other guys at the shop refer to it as "Your hair dressers car" :/ hahaha

Still get lots of "Nice car! What is that?" at gas stations and such.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate when girls tell me I have a "cute" car like its a compliment. Don't they know that we don't like are cars to be referred to as cute? That's like me saying back to them "damn girl nice body, very husky"
Old 08-09-2014, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by leov36
I hate when girls tell me I have a "cute" car like its a compliment. Don't they know that we don't like are cars to be referred to as cute? That's like me saying back to them "damn girl nice body, very husky"

LMAO
“very husky.”
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old guy near my work "Damn, that thing's a Honda? Looks like a Mitsubishi."
Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yesterday was a huge classic car show that I help out with (400 cars or so).
Because I'm a helper I get to park near the show center where they have the booths and trailer for registrations and such.
So I got a huge long list of comments while being surrounded by pre-1979 cars, ranging from "what the hell is this doing here" to people talking about how "I'd much rather have this than the others"
One guy came up and saw the intercooler so asked if he could look in the engine bay, so I popped the hood and left it up the rest of the show.

A few notables:

A couple of transient kids came by, I've seen them in town before. Ratty, missing teeth, dirty, homeless (or close to). They sit downtown and beg and cause trouble constantly.
One of the girls says "Oh yeah, that one, that one is mine!" and one of the guys replies "Thats just a Honda Spider 2000, it sucks!"
She replies "It's awesome, you dont know anything" "Sure I do, it's the VTEC Spider 2000, they're junk" as they go walking off

Had a family come up. Dad with several boys. They were all checking out the engine bay and saw me watching them from nearby. One kid asked me if it was mine, I replied yes.
They started asking questions, how fast, how much power, etc. Then a kid asked if I'd start it up, so I said sure.
They oood and aaaad when I did. Saw the tach and asked how high it goes. Told them 8k. The kid got wide eyed and then asked if I'd rev it for them (we're not supposed to in the middle of the park) so I had to tell him no.
Still a fun exchange.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM

From a nice older lady as I'm trailering my car to the track.
Her: nice car
Me: thanks
Her: is that a porsche
Me: lol it's an s2000
Her: a porsche 2000?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The S2000 name generally causes a lot of confusion. People think you are just saying the year of the car.

"Yeah, its a 2000, but a 2000 what?"

Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 AM

Went on a breakfast drive with some friends this morning to a cafe on our local airfield. We get in the door and one of the traffic control guys is in getting some coffee...

him: whos got that yellow thing?

me: thatd be me sir

him: I didn't hear you radio the tower for landing before you came in here, you kids these days just flying by the seat of your pants
Old 08-11-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by leov36
I wouldn't take it the wrong way. She might think you're cute too.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It's funny. I havent had any notable comments in quite a while and now in the past few weeks I've gotten several.

Yesterday I got 2.

1) As I was pulling into the parking garage to go back to work there was a Safelite guy parked doing some work on a car's windshield.
As I pulled in he poked his head around the side of his van and asked "That Spoon isn't stock is it?"
Told him no, it was S/C and he smiled and said "I could tell. I've never heard a Spoon that sounded like that"

That's actually the first time I think that I've had it called Spoon.

2) Went to an appointment and as I walked in the waiting room there were a couple of kids that had seen me through the window as I pulled up.
One of the kids approached me as I was checking in.
"Um..how fast is your car?"
I smiled and replied "Do you want to know how fast it CAN go? Or how fast I've driven it?"
"How fast can it go?"
"About 160mph"
*eyes get all wide* "WOAH!"