S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i''m at a light, this guy in a corvette, I do not know what year.. the light changed, I went from first to second and slowed down for the next light... the guys says.. hey, I could hear your turbo kicking in, wish the lights had stayed green... I'm N/A w/ a CAI... loud I guess... glad the lights went red, no telling what he was thinking...
Old 06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
IPB

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Getting a couple things at the package store and the owner had of of the kids help me carry some things out. We walk out I go to my S and the kid walks right by it, so I tell him this is my car, his reply..."oh I thought this was that ladies car"

I also have some older ladies that work for me and when its nice out and I drive it they look out my office window to try to locate the "cute little car". In their defense it is little when compared to my DD which is a crew cab 2500HD diesel.

Edit: I forgot about the time I brought it to a local Honda dealer to have them do a quick oil change. Every technician in the place was walking around it asking questions like they had never seen one before. Needless to say no more oil changes there!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

At a gas station earlier this year, it was a cold morning around 40ish degrees and of course I had the top down anyway. A guy walks by and says' "That's a pretty big snowmobile you got there." Umm...okay guy.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving around some back roads the other day and a girl that was about 10 years old was with her father and they both were walking on the sidewalk.

As I was passing by, she started pointing at the car and I heard her say "that's a honda!?!?" and look at her dad. Her dad just shrugged.

I wasn't expecting that remark from a 10 year old ... But, boy do Honda's have a boring rep.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow this kid sees my car and says "that wing is retarded huge" then notices the top down and that I turned to hear him and he yells "your car is f@#king gay"
Old 06-06-2014, 04:46 AM

Dude at local car meet to his buddys: "See, if I had to drive a Honda, it would be one like THAT"
Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Wow this kid sees my car and says "that wing is retarded huge" then notices the top down and that I turned to hear him and he yells "your car is f@#king gay"
Haaa. I haven't gotten a gay remark since I owned the miata. I hope you laughed. That's the appropriate response. If you laugh hard enough people get confused and you bruise their ego.

A while back I was coming home from work and I must have been in brain-dead-automaton mode because I'd traveled a couple streets too far down the local highway not caring enough to aggressively merge over. I'm a mile from my house and I come to a four way stop. The stop has bad sight lines so you have to pull forward rather far. Not into the road, but far enough that traffic from your right making a left would have a hard time with the narrow country roads. A G35 was about to do just that. Any other guy would have given me the wave and allowed me through. But this guy, a full blooded italian by the looks of him, slows to a near crawl to get around. His hand gestures were explaining to me with great animation and sarcasm that I was a-ok. I could see through my closed top and windows that he was congratulating me on my driving prowess. That I'd really done a good job planting my car where I had. I sat there in a stooper until he passed at which point I burst out laughing. In retrospect, I wish I'd been dancing in my seat using both hands to exuberantly give him the finger. This was a year ago and I'm still waiting.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 AM

Not really something said about my car but, funny situation...

I had to pick up my gf from work so I took the s2k instead of the fit.

She comes outside and yells at me where is the fit? Why didn’t you bring the fit? I was confused thinking to myself Why does it matter? I wanted to drive my car. Turns out her coworker wanted a ride home, but there was no space for her! haha

Her fault for not communicating with me and texting me the situation. LOL
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Iradier310
I had to pick up my gf from work so I took the s2k instead of the fit.

She comes outside and yells at me where is the fit? Why didn’t you bring the fit? I was confused thinking to myself Why does it matter? I wanted to drive my car. Turns out her coworker wanted a ride home, but there was no space for her! haha
her friend could have sat on your lap
room for everyone now.

i tell you, i'm an ideas man.

darcy
Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Not such a funny exchange, but I don't get them too often. I drove my gf out to our square dance class night (We alternate driving the 30 miles one way) and as we were leaving for the night, another class member was pulling out with her window down. She asked what kind of car it was, so I just replied "A Honda". She then asked what kind of Honda, so I said "S2000". She kept it up by asking if I liked it. I replied, "It's the best car I've ever owned!"