S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-10-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last week i had someone tell me thats a nice porsche
Old 05-11-2014, 03:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a kid working at a gas station (with an Audi lanyard and ball cap!) tell me I should stance it, put on some bronze wheels and a big @$$ wing.

Told him I would if I were in an A4.

He didn't think that was very funny.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:21 PM

God so funny how ive been lurking this thread so many years... and i finally have my own S2K, and 2 weeks later after purchase i have one to post here...

Well i bought my S and came with some crappy wheels so I got some stocks and when i went to install them at local tire shop...

The guy that will assist me come up to me (he know me since i work on all my cars tire swaps there)

Him: Heyyyyy sup bro
Me: Hey how are you doin?
Him: Good... Good (looks at the car).... so you got this baby now (ofcourse i arrived top down )
Me: Yeah, i always wanted one and finally was able to buy one.
Him: Wow, it really looks nice those PORSCHES must be very expensive
Me: yeah... umm, no, actually its a Honda...
Him: a HONDAAAAA?
ME: Yeah... could we changes my tires im kinda running a bit late dude
Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 AM

When I first bought my car my friend asked me "u bought a new car?I saw u driving a sk2 this morning"
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Left work early and decided to stop home and get my S2000 and drive to the Barber shop. They had never seen this car and I got a spot at the curb in front. When I went in only Pat the old barber was in the room. I told him I brought my mistress today. While I was in the chair a younger barber (with tattoos) came in the room and made several looks out the windows at my car but said nothing. A new customer came in and asked Pat if he drove the sports car out front? He said that was a great looking Honda. At that point the younger barber said, Is that what that is, all this time I was thinking it was a BMW! I smiled said No, just a 10 year old Honda.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:44 PM

When I bought my first S2000 is had some stupid loud exhaust on it. One of the first things to go on the car. Luckily the guy held on to all the stock parts. To the funny story I let the girl I was dating at the time take it for a spin. She liked the car, but I told her to push it up into 6K to get the Vtec to open up. She asked where the tach was on the car. I pointed to the tach... Her reply "I thought that was a decible read out b/c this thing is so damn loud."

To be fair as the car got louder the tach did move up, I should give her props for driving enough manuals that she know what a typical tach should look like, and the tach layout is pretty unique to the car.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I got another one. I was over at my grandmas for dinner earlier tonight. Now she's very softspoken and at 92, she doesn't bother getting worked up about anything. Not worth the effort...

Now I had just done some paint correction on the front clip today and put a fresh coat of wax on the car. It was looking pretty slick. As my wife and I were heading out she came out to wave goodbye to us. She got about two steps out the door and shouted "Holy cow! That is a red car!"

Thanks grandma.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 AM

Last night (2am) I met some friends in a McDonald's parking lot to eat and chat together. I got there first and was relaxing with my girl with the top up, as it was a bit chilly for her. My friends all came in one car, a little wannabe-ricer Integra (the driver if which I hadn't met). As they pull up, all passengers except the driver are going, "Wooaah" "Nice car" "Look at you!".

I could see the upset mug of the driver through his Wal-Mart purple tint.

Him: What do your parents do?
Me: I don't know, I haven't spoken with them for 5-6 years.
Him: How'd you get this beamer then?
Me: It's a Honda and I have a job.
[Queue shutdown]

Five minutes later he pulls back his moon roof, climbs up through it, and sits on the roof.
He looks at me and says, "Too bad your fancy car doesn't have a moon roof, cuz nothing beats this."

To which I respond with a quick top down maneuver. Silence.

It seems everyone else was having a good time, completely oblivious to these events.

The McDonald's was on the outskirts of town, so we had to take a short country road home. I head out first, he goes flying by in the oncoming traffic lane. Little does he know there is a 5-0 posted on one of the side streets. It's there every night (I live right around the corner, so I know)
[Queue boop-boop]

Made my week. I have only had the car about two months and this is the first notable incident.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:58 PM

I can't believe I just read all 34 pages of this thread. 3 days... lol.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by TJeep_1999
When I bought my first S2000 is had some stupid loud exhaust on it. One of the first things to go on the car. Luckily the guy held on to all the stock parts. To the funny story I let the girl I was dating at the time take it for a spin. She liked the car, but I told her to push it up into 6K to get the Vtec to open up. She asked where the tach was on the car. I pointed to the tach... Her reply "I thought that was a decible read out b/c this thing is so damn loud."

To be fair as the car got louder the tach did move up, I should give her props for driving enough manuals that she know what a typical tach should look like, and the tach layout is pretty unique to the car.
decible reader...... lol.

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
I can't believe I just read all 34 pages of this thread. 3 days... lol.
now thats funny... cuz i did too