S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wait! I can't believe I forgot to mention this one. THE DAY AFTER I got my CR, I drove it to work for the first time. As I'm sitting in it, I notice a friend walking by so I wave him down to get him to check out my car. Me being Asian and my car being black, he immediately laughs and says "You look like Johnny Tran!" and proceeds to quote said character that many memes were made from.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by doddg
Originally Posted by roxzorz' timestamp='1396316035' post='23090607
I had just walked into work one afternoon (I work swing shift) and a Tech Sergeant that had recently acquired his dream car of a Trans Am was talking about practicality in daily driving. I traded my Scion tc to get my CR and said how much I miss the space that my Scion had. Sergeant asks "What's the matter, you don't like your s2million?"

Funny guy.
1. My 29 yr. old son bought a yellow 04 last August, and he is going to sell his tc this month, so he'll be in the same boat as you.
2. We live in Indy, and I tried to get him to keep it for winter, but he's going to put snows on and drive it through the winter every day (I do the same, but I have my wife's Corolla I can use if it's bad, b/c she's not going anywhere).

If I had been in a position where I could've kept both cars, I would have.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm having way too much fun with this thread, but I keep forgetting all my funniest stories.

The tattoo shop I go to isn't in the best part of town, but it's among the cleanest in Little Rock with great talent. I tend to park in the ally side because customers take up all the front parking. As I was about to get into my car to leave, some stranger walks buy and goes "Damn. Is this your car? (yes) Whatever you're doing man, keep it up."

I was at a Taco Bell drive thru when the compliments started coming from everyone at the window. Once of the guys say "Awesome car man. I'm gonna make sure that this will be the best cheesy potato burrito you've ever had...well maybe not the best, but it'll be good." I came back a week later and thanked them for how great a burrito it was."
Old 03-31-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by roxzorz
I'm having way too much fun with this thread, but I keep forgetting all my funniest stories.

The tattoo shop I go to isn't in the best part of town, but it's among the cleanest in Little Rock with great talent. I tend to park in the ally side because customers take up all the front parking. As I was about to get into my car to leave, some stranger walks buy and goes "Damn. Is this your car? (yes) Whatever you're doing man, keep it up."

I was at a Taco Bell drive thru when the compliments started coming from everyone at the window. Once of the guys say "Awesome car man. I'm gonna make sure that this will be the best cheesy potato burrito you've ever had...well maybe not the best, but it'll be good." I came back a week later and thanked them for how great a burrito it was."
I didn't know Taco Bell served food.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 PM

Girlfriends friend saw it and started off well with a simple "I love that car". Then followed up with "Is that a Del sol?"
Old 03-31-2014, 11:09 PM

A few months back I got pulled over coming home from work. Wasn't speeding, just being pretty aggressive because I was tired and ready to be home, and at the end of the day the last thing I want to do is sit behind a slow driver. It's about half a mile between the freeway exit and my street, and I'm on the last block on the main avenue before my turn into my street, and the reds n blues came on. I know at this point I haven't done anything really illegal. All my lane changes were with blinkers, speed was below limits (acceleration was quite aggressive though).

Cop comes to the window, license and registration, etc. Apparently he had been behind me since I got off the freeway. This was the comment that made me want to get snarky: "What are you doing? You're driving around like you're in some little Honda sports car!" I looked around at the cockpit of the S2000, looked back at the cop, and had to bite my tongue real hard not to say "well, I am..."

Luckily I managed to be quiet and deferent to the pissed off cop and he let me off with a warning and a final parting note: "Stop messing around like that or I'm gonna give you a ticket!" Have had quite a few laughs at that cop's expense.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by 402s2000
Girlfriends friend saw it and started off well with a simple "I love that car". Then followed up with "Is that a Del sol?"
Haaa. I'm surprised anyone remembers the del sol. I had a similar occurrence when I volunteered to drive a new acquaintance home after poker. He was a car insurance guy so I would have thought he'd know his stuff. He sat in the car and said, "this is nice" but being unfamiliar with many two seater hondas he then continued on to say, "is this a del sol?" Great lol's were had.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Before I found S2Ki AZ folks, I found the Arizona del Sol car group and had my first group drive with them. There's still a contingent in the Arizona area, mostly in the Phoenix metro area. VERY friendly people and good Honda cousins.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:39 AM

Had someone say this the other day.

"Damn man that's one hell of a body kit you put on your miata"
Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM

when i had my Rio yellow s2k, someone had asked me at the gas station what model lambo is that????

i replied its a Honda S2000