S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toreus
Went to the Honda dealership the other day, wanted some OEM brake pads.

::getting out of my S, walking towards front door::

Salesman: "Hello sir, nice car. Are you interested in a new or used automobile today?"

Me: :auses for a second:: "What would Honda sell me in 2012 to replace that?" ::gesturing to my car::

Salesman: ::epic blank stare:: "Uhhhh"

Me: "Yeah. Thanks, but I'm just here for parts." ::I walk off::

The sad truth, but hey, I did chuckle a bit at least...
Funny cause I had a similar ordeal at a Honda dealer.
I went to Honda for some parts and I had my top down in MY01. As I was getting out of the car a salesman blurted out "Honda S2000 huh?" "2.0 Liter, 240hp, 6 speed transmission.." I nodded and agreed. He asked me if he could sit in it and I said sure. After he caressed the steering wheel and moved the clutch in and out he was suddenly startled by our fancy-red push start button. He exploded, "WHOA! I,I never knew these came with a push start button!?"
He asked a few different questions after that but I couldn't resist a belly laugh. I thought to myself..Being a car salesman, who seems to have some knowledge of this car, shouldn't he have known about the push start? rofl
Old 03-25-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

What year was that? If the salesman wasn't selling Honda's 5 years ago, his tenure didn't overlap S2000 sales, so it would he understandable he didn't know those details.

I bet most Honda sales reps that did 'sell' an S didn't know much about the car.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:34 PM

We get "What kinda car is that?" We have a 2003 w/27000 original miles on it. I am 54 an my wife is 52. We bought it 3 yrs ago w/16271 on it. We showed it to my wife's daughter right after we bought it and she asked us "What are you blue hairs gonna do with that?"
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by deadsenna
As an aside...
Post your request in your regional forum for Kansas City area and you will surely get some suggestions for a shop. S2000 Talk forum covers the entire world so not the best place to ask for a referral. Also, I would definitely post your technical issue in Under the Hood. Best place for that.

Love your "blue hairs" comment. Thanks for sharing that!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 AM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Berlina
Funny cause I had a similar ordeal at a Honda dealer.
I went to Honda for some parts and I had my top down in MY01. As I was getting out of the car a salesman blurted out "Honda S2000 huh?" "2.0 Liter, 240hp, 6 speed transmission.." I nodded and agreed. He asked me if he could sit in it and I said sure. After he caressed the steering wheel and moved the clutch in and out he was suddenly startled by our fancy-red push start button. He exploded, "WHOA! I,I never knew these came with a push start button!?"
He asked a few different questions after that but I couldn't resist a belly laugh. I thought to myself..Being a car salesman, who seems to have some knowledge of this car, shouldn't he have known about the push start? rofl
I pulled up to a Honda dealer to pick up an oil filter. A senior salesman had been standing there and just watched me pull in and get out. He smiled and nodded. I said I was just there for some parts. He said he guessed that and said "Yep, sure wish Honda still made those things, I could sell a ton".
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Decent looking chick working drive thru- "Is that your GF's car?" I still don't know if she was serious.. lol

2. While pumping gas - "You must do that often, huh?" Nope, it's just a 4 cylinder.. Actually I get high 20mpg's.. ""

3. "What do one of those run, about $70k?"

4. kids - "ooohh that looks like a Ferrari"

5. and of course "Is that a miata?"
Old 03-27-2014, 02:08 AM

Guy at work.." You got rid of your Camaro SS for that little car?"

Me..."I am not going to bother explaining because you will never get it"
Old 03-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i walk into the autoparts store and salesman says "nice corvette, what year is it?" i just told him its a honda!! lol
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM

I had just walked into work one afternoon (I work swing shift) and a Tech Sergeant that had recently acquired his dream car of a Trans Am was talking about practicality in daily driving. I traded my Scion tc to get my CR and said how much I miss the space that my Scion had. Sergeant asks "What's the matter, you don't like your s2million?"

Funny guy.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by roxzorz
I had just walked into work one afternoon (I work swing shift) and a Tech Sergeant that had recently acquired his dream car of a Trans Am was talking about practicality in daily driving. I traded my Scion tc to get my CR and said how much I miss the space that my Scion had. Sergeant asks "What's the matter, you don't like your s2million?"

Funny guy.
1. My 29 yr. old son bought a yellow 04 last August, and he is going to sell his tc this month, so he'll be in the same boat as you.
2. We live in Indy, and I tried to get him to keep it for winter, but he's going to put snows on and drive it through the winter every day (I do the same, but I have my wife's Corolla I can use if it's bad, b/c she's not going anywhere).