S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

I was picking the lady up from work one afternoon. I parked in an empty spot right near the front door, where I'd be able to see it from her office, so I left the top down.

I was having a coffee in her office as she cleaned up the last of her paperwork. I saw a smartly dressed 40s something lady came in, park near the S, then spend almost 5 minutes walking round & round it, checking out the thing out more thoroughly than I've seen anyone else do before. She checked the H on the front about 5 times, nodding as if convincing herself it really was a Honda.

My lady assured me not to worry, this was a relieving boss from head office while the district manager was on leave, not a carjacker.

When she came in the penny dropped, & she asked if the car was mine. She wanted to know how long I'd had it, how fast it was, how powerful, how it cornered, & how the ride was. I don't think she really believed how old it is, & did not ask what I'd paid for it..

Finally she appeared to notice my lady was there, turned to her & said, "we must be paying you too much", & walked off to her office. We were having real difficulty not laughing.

I did notice she had her office window open, the blinds pulled back, & was listening & watching as we left.

I think she liked it.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herfalerf
Originally Posted by Mark355' timestamp='1333302074' post='21564726
[quote name='herfalerf' timestamp='1333253355' post='21563870']i dont actually own an s2k yet, but i work at a valet and we get them every now and again. we had one a couple weeks back, silver ap2 bone stock i believe, the overwhelming thing i heard from folks was that "man that thing is really slow." heard this from 3 or 4 of my coworkers. i know the s2k isnt a really fast car, but its a hell of a lot faster than what these guys drive so i decided to ask a very simple question: "how high did you rev it?" universally the reply was "to about 4 or 5k"
Lesson of the day guys--never valet your s2k. Ever.

this. after working at a valet i will never ever valet my vehicle. just today one of my coworkers spun the tires in some guy's sl500 FIVE TIMES in less than a block. i was behind the car parking another one and he shot up a bunch of rocks that hit me. he then tried to start a fight with me when i told him to stop driving like a retard. this is the aforementioned caliber driver.

its like any job, there are good employees and there are bad ones, but for whatever reason the valet industry seems to have a disproportionate amount of bad employees. probably half of the guys i work with will thrash a car given the opportunity. not saying i never give a car a little gas now and again, but i never go over 30mph (the speed limit) and i would never dream of spinning the tires. i could tell you some stories about shit my coworkers have done that would make your blood boil, though. one guy completely destroyed the clutch in a brand new saab because he was too embarrassed to admit to the manager that he had never driven a manual before and tried to drive the car anyway. 30 minutes later the car arrived in front of the hotel with smoke coming out of it.

i can say though that i would have never fallen in love with the s2k if it werent for my job. i got to park a guys cr a few months ago and prior to that i was planning on getting an NC miata as my next car, but the 2 minutes i spent sitting in the s2000 changed my mind.

sorry to derail thread, carry on.
[/quote]
How far do the valets even need to drive to park there?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:05 AM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by its_justa_honda...
Originally Posted by jaor.s2k' timestamp='1333374538' post='21566923
[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1333374132' post='21566900']
not that I would ever valet my CR, but I did have to valet my si and both cars have flash pro, valet reported to me when I picked up my Si that something might be wrong because it wouldn't go above 3k rpm. I of course asked him why he was even trying, lol. I got back in my car and reflased back to my normal tune and took off and went up to 8400 before shifting. gotta love the valet tune from hondata when you have to use it. Both my CR and Si have it so you can't ever go above 3k.
that's awesome^^ i bet he was disappointed
this is great!
[/quote]

need this for when someone tries to steal your car lol
Old 03-21-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A hidden ignition cutoff switch might work a little better for someone trying to steal your car. My grandpa had one in a nice accord that he had when I was little.

I've only owned my car for a month now, but the funniest was a Mexican guy saying that my car looked more like a BMW than a Honda. I was even more funny when he suggested that I get BMW badges to rebadge the car.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 PM

Today, had someone at a bus stop ask me if I had a digital dash. I said yeah and pointed at the tach. Asked me the year (06) and then he said something to the tune of Honda taking away the digital dash, and he owned a 2002. Severe miscommunication or the AP2 dash really looks that much less digital than the AP1...
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM

I had some friends over for poker one night and a girl I hadn't seen in a few months asked if I still had my red NA miata. I told her, "no, I got myself an s2000". The look of interest on her face evaporated and she disappointingly replied, "oh, that's too bad. Those miatas are a lot of fun". This conversation happened a year ago and it still bothers me. She just had no idea.

The lady magnet must have been an option my car shipped without.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

^^ You missed the perfect opportunity to offer to take her for a spin to see if she still thinks the Miata is more fun. (you have to admit, the Miatas *are* very tossable, fun little cars)

The comment I get most frequently is basically, "That's *your* car?" And it's typically accompanied by raised eyebrows and an incredulous look.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
^^ You missed the perfect opportunity to offer to take her for a spin to see if she still thinks the Miata is more fun. (you have to admit, the Miatas *are* very tossable, fun little cars)

The comment I get most frequently is basically, "That's *your* car?" And it's typically accompanied by raised eyebrows and an incredulous look.
I suppose I did. The trouble is that we have a mutual friend who drives like a lunatic in his NA miata. The things he does on public roads are butt-puckeringly fearless. I could never top him. A spot of daylight would have gone a lot further. I miss a small handful of things about the miata but there's no comparing the two cars. Totally different leagues.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Slowly
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1395545686' post='23076364

I suppose I did. The trouble is that we have a mutual friend who drives like a lunatic in his NA miata. The things he does on public roads are butt-puckeringly fearless. I could never top him. A spot of daylight would have gone a lot further. I miss a small handful of things about the miata but there's no comparing the two cars. Totally different leagues.
When you crash a Miata you have nothing to lose.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM

"Nice car, I had one in the early 90's..."