S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

So far just people mistaking it for a BMW.

I've heard a few young kids as I drive by say "Whoa! Cool!" and I rev the engine a little.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get, "That's a Honda?"

Then a little high school kid tried to be cool and said to his friends as they walk by, "Look man! That's a Honda Del Sol! My brother use to have one just like that! It has vtec!"
Well, atleast he got Honda and VTEC right.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

The other day was just too nice not to go topless, so I took the S, to go shopping in our near by town.

With 2 weeks worth of groceries, I had a full trolley, when I started loading. A quite elderly lady, using one of those walking frames on wheels was passing, & said, "You'll never fit all that shopping in that little thing, you'd better swap cars with me".

When she stopped at a near by ageing Toyota Corolla, I said no thanks. Her reply, "Nah, I didn't think you'd fall for it".
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the whole "old lady yelling that I was going too fast" thing happen on Saturday:

I was visiting my parents and driving through the local college campus going the speed limit. This old couple in their 60s-70s were crossing the road and they were in the median with flowers and landscaping and crap. I drive past and hear the old lady yell something that ended with "fast". I did a u-turn at the next break in the median and pulled up asking her if there was some sort of problem. She acted all nice so I just went with it being as sarcastic as possible. I finally got her to admit she thought I was "maybe going a little fast for the area" to which I promptly told her I was going the speed limit. Told her to have a nice day and left.

I kept reading similar stories here and I knew if some old bat tried that on me I was going to stop and let her know I wasn't even speeding. People need to mind their own business..
Old 05-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Syn
I had the whole "old lady yelling that I was going too fast" thing happen on Saturday:

I was visiting my parents and driving through the local college campus going the speed limit. This old couple in their 60s-70s were crossing the road and they were in the median with flowers and landscaping and crap. I drive past and hear the old lady yell something that ended with "fast". I did a u-turn at the next break in the median and pulled up asking her if there was some sort of problem. She acted all nice so I just went with it being as sarcastic as possible. I finally got her to admit she thought I was "maybe going a little fast for the area" to which I promptly told her I was going the speed limit. Told her to have a nice day and left.

I kept reading similar stories here and I knew if some old bat tried that on me I was going to stop and let her know I wasn't even speeding. People need to mind their own business..
You actually push your speed to the marked speed limit? YOU MADMAN!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by AP1Theory
I always get, "That's a Honda?"

Then a little high school kid tried to be cool and said to his friends as they walk by, "Look man! That's a Honda Del Sol! My brother use to have one just like that! It has vtec!"
Well, atleast he got Honda and VTEC right.

He probably actually said it has v-tech
Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 AM

Drove past a grade school a few days ago, few kids looked and threw their hands in the air and cheered (they were in a playground a little ways off the road)

Had to give them a rev and a wave.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I was at the gas pumps this weekend and the lady in front of me started with "What a cute car!" To which I replied Cute? and proceeded to spew out the specs for horse power, redline, top rated (under 6 seconds) 0-60 mph (not that I drag race mine, not) and how well it handles in the mountain curves and on track.

After my schlep, she said I should have been it's salesman. She corrected her statement and said,

That's a cool car" "I want one."
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
I was at the gas pumps this weekend and the lady in front of me started with "What a cute car!" To which I replied Cute? and proceeded to spew out the specs for horse power, redline, top rated (under 6 seconds) 0-60 mph (not that I drag race mine, not) and how well it handles in the mountain curves and on track.

After my schlep, she said I should have been it's salesman. She corrected her statement and said,

Insecure much?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer' timestamp='1337655881' post='21718736

Insecure much?
I was thinking the same thing lol.