S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 11-02-2013, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some kids in their parents bmw 320i was talking trash at the gas station calling my car a miata and reving their engine. Luckily when i left the gas station i was able to catch him side by side at a light and i unleashed the vtec monster leaving him confused that the miata just crushed his bmw haha
Old 11-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by garykoo
Some kids in their parents bmw 320i was talking trash at the gas station calling my car a miata and reving their engine. Luckily when i left the gas station i was able to catch him side by side at a light and i unleashed the vtec monster leaving him confused that the miata just crushed his bmw haha
1. As a H.S. teacher who gets to hear, "talking trash," every day: sweet!
2. For one brief moment, perhaps the thought that they didn't know everything about cars actually dawned on them.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by doddg
Originally Posted by garykoo' timestamp='1383402114' post='22858434
1. As a H.S. teacher who gets to hear, "talking trash," every day: sweet!
2. For one brief moment, perhaps the thought that they didn't know everything about cars actually dawned on them.
I think i've shown them that not every single roadster from japan is a miata LOL and if they realized that, my mission is complete haha
Old 11-02-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by bboarder711
Originally Posted by skoundrel' timestamp='1381763679' post='22826660
[quote name='bboarder711' timestamp='1381670237' post='22825192']
Saw an older gentleman whipping some dust off his Mint MG at a local home depot, so I rolled up and said nice car. After some talking about it he looks at my LBP

him" I test drove one of these"

me "isn't it a blast to drive" (or something like that)

him " oh yes, but I ended up buying a miata instead"

end of conversation
eh, maybe he couldn't afford it.

i dont think that was a problem seeing he had a mint MG and brand new mx5. his tone (sorry for not including that) was that the miata was better.
[/quote]

It's possible that, for his particular uses, the Miata actually is better. Depending on what one's requirements are, an S2000 might not be the "better" choice. For all we know, his garage only fits the MG and a Miata. There's a seat for every saddle, as an old friend of mine used to say.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This isn't something that someone said, but did that was funny.

I parallel parked my car (top down) across the street from where I grabbed lunch today.. I got a window view facing the street and could see my S and all the pedestrians. A family of four walked by and the 20something guy was eyeing my S as he walked by it. He passed the S and was still staring at it over his shoulder walking forward then BAM , he walked into a construction sign on the sidewalk. It was pretty hilarious. I was still eating when they came back the other way down the same sidewalk and he was still gawking at it. Even though I have all the badging I don't think he knew what it was and was trying to figure it out.

Wat happens when we're not watching our cars?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,671 Posts

Only two events that I can recall.

The first one was at my son's school, one of the kids in the schoolyard asked me if I my car was an electric car

The second episode was my pulling into my Aunt's driveway. Her neighbour (appox. 50 years old) was in his driveway and he was falling head over heels about my car. He as absolutely drooling over the car, asking me what kind of a car it was and telling me how awesome it looked, yada, yada , yada. He was acting like it was a lambo or Ferrari or something super exotic. It was actually embarrassing and I just replied back that it was "not bad" and just a Honda, lol, to shut him up and get over it. lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM

I get this ALOT. "Women your age drive cool cars"?
From work. "That's your car"? or "How many Honda's do you own anyway"? (I own 2). "Wow your husband has a nice car".

My friends and poor husband know that I drive fast, speed, etc. Some of them won't even drive with me. Lol. There loss.
So about a month ago I am driving home from work. I take a road called river road because it is next to the Mississippi. It is a very winding road and perfect for driving fast and taking those cool curves in my S2. But the speed limit is 35 mph. Next thing I know a cop is behind me flashing his lights to pull over.
It is lightly raining out.
Cop: Comes up to car and says "Roll your window down".
Me: Turning to look at cop with registration and DL in hand. Put my window down.
Cop: Shocked expression on his face. Regains composure and says. "Um do you realize you were going 60 mph"?
Me: "Was I officer"? "I'm so sorry". "It's my grandsons car and I didn't know it drove this fast". (I was in my hospital scrubs by the way).
Cop: "Why are you driving THIS car"? He chuckles. "Is it Italian"?
Me: "My car broke down and I had to get to work". "I think it's a Honda".
Cop: "What hospital you work at"?
Me: "Hospital *******".
Cop: "Ok well don't speed anymore and promise me you will give your grandson back his car". "I won't write you a ticket". He laughs.
Me: "Oh thank you sir". Drives off.

I don't have a grandson and I still speed coming home from work. Lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ LOL..and from the N.O. like myself too, awesome

so far most of my convos have been consisting of "what kind of car is that?" at stop lights....when it's debadged it just throws people off

I did have a funny convo with a guy in a new SRT challenger,his wife in the passenger seat two days ago, he rolls up asks what kind of car it is, that the yellow stands out/is awesome....then he pauses and goes... "that thing must be a lady killer on the weekends" I laughed like no way man, I'm married too, maybe if I had it 10 years ago I would have been alright...he laughed but what made it epic is his wife staring at him so hard I was like oooh ::look away::
Old 11-13-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Grandpa as we are walking outside my grandparents house to their carport. (Their Grand Marquis parked next to me)

"I didn't even see that thing sittin out here. I keep for'gettin how low it is. Your lobble to stump your toe on it if you're not careful." (FYI -> lobble = likely for you non Texans/Cowboys)

The car is about an inch lower than stock.

My Grandpa is 88, a real Cowboy and WWII Vet.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bjammin101
My Grandpa as we are walking outside my grandparents house to their carport. (Their Grand Marquis parked next to me)

"I didn't even see that thing sittin out here. I keep for'gettin how low it is. Your lobble to stump your toe on it if you're not careful." (FYI -> lobble = likely for you non Texans/Cowboys)

The car is about an inch lower than stock.

My Grandpa is 88, a real Cowboy and WWII Vet.
Lobble = Liable?