S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 10-15-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
^^ High horses. Do they need a medical marijuana prescription for that too?

Do horses get the munchies when they get high? Can horses even get high?

Neigh!!

Horsemeat is really pretty good. Its common. somewhat in Europe especially France. You can find special restaurants and butchers for horse. The PETA lunatics have driven horse from the US although almost all US horsemeat for human consumption goes overseas. Some success for their efforts. Once again PETA and their ilk limit the choice of consumers to get what they want.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Sounds like you are straying into deep seated personal values and politics. Can we not go there? There's a forum for that. I was joking about "high" horses just to make light of things. Not to start people on a stampede talking about whether it is right or wrong to eat horsemeat.

Quoting Seinfeld is different, though. To borrow from the Wizard of OZ, it's a horse of a different color.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

semi back to humor.. s2k related as such as it is...

a friend said to me.. they had another friend with an s2k.. only he had the two drink holder option.. which I took to be kinda funny...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a guy pull into a parking spot with a brand new Mercedes Benz SLS, I pull up behind him as he gets out and I tell him "nice car", and before he can even get "thank you" out he says "than....NICE CAR TOO". Winning
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at a family dinner a few nights ago and decided to show the fam my newly acquired AP1. My uncle said, "now your getting into the real sports cars unlike that 4 door you had".

My last car was a gt35r 04 STi with about double the horsepower of my S. I think it's funny that people think one of two things about s2000's. They either assume that these are 500hp track cars, or compare them to a miata and say that they are slow as snails.

Also, my girlfriend said "you know, I thought I'd like this car until I got my hair done and then you took me for a ride (I guess the ol' convertible isn't so friendly on female hair)
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf95
Conversation I JUST had...

My neighbor's scraggly looking (not judging but his character/appearance is important later in the convo) boyfriend walks over as I'm finishing up drying off my S2k after giving her a bath.

Him: "Hey man, just had to get a closer look at your car. I really love my cars".
Me with a chuckle: "Go right a head".
Him: "Let's see if I've got this right.... 2008 Honda S2000, right".
Me: "It's a 2000 but close enough".
Him: "and it's a hard top convertible?". (I've got a Mugen rep hard top)
Me: "sure, I guess so".
Him: "I knew that by the shape of the top. It's a hard top convertible like my Corvette".
A little stunned by his "corvette" "Oh yeah? How's that?"
He goes on rambling about a combination of words that I have yet to comprehend about how it's easy to take the top off but on the s2k it's not and that's why he likes his vette more... idk...
Him: "It's a 2012 Corvette. Z06 with a Big Block Chevy. I'm afraid to drive it."
So I ask, "Where is this Corvette?"
Him: "Oh it's in Texas getting worked on. Putting a stingray body kit on it. I like the look of the stingray more than the regular corvette."
Me: "uhhhh. OK?"
blah blah blah later...
"An S2000 is the only Honda I would drive."
"Oh really? Why's that?"
"Well, a civic, accord, or S2000s. Those are the only Hondas I'd drive. They're just, like, the only good ones, ya know?"
I was done at this point.... "uhhh.... sure."
"Well thanks for letting me check out your ride. Was I right on the year though?"
Dude... I just told you.... "No, it's a 2000."
"oh, really? cool. I saw a 98 S2000 once... It was pretty nice". WTF???
Hahaha had me cracking up

Went to Walgreens to hit up RedBox a couple nights ago and a little kid in the parking lot kept pulling his mom and pointing at my car. Sooooo much rice in Orlando, so this kid must have known what was up when he set eyes on my NFR haha
Old 10-26-2013, 10:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was babysitting my friend's S2000 while he was out of town because he is super paranoid. I let him keep it in my garage for the week he was gone. One night when I come home from work, my neighbors preteen nephew (I assume) is riding his bike and says,"wow, nice S2k", as I pull into my driveway. I reply, "thanks kid", then proceed to open the garage door where my friend's s2k was parked, and pulled in. I look back at the kid and he was just starring. Lol He then said, "wow!!! You have two s2ks, no way!!!". I replied, "when you love something". Blew the kid's mind.lol
Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy asked me hey thats a S2000 right? I say yes it is. He said: did you know that car makes more hp per liter than a Ferarri? I said hmm if you say so. He said: it does. Then he ask: can I ask you an important question? I said sure go ahead. He asked: "How many hookers can you fit in that car?" I laugh and say one I guess. Then he says: yea the car is too small I need more leg room.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by skoundrel
Originally Posted by bboarder711' timestamp='1381670237' post='22825192
Saw an older gentleman whipping some dust off his Mint MG at a local home depot, so I rolled up and said nice car. After some talking about it he looks at my LBP

him" I test drove one of these"

me "isn't it a blast to drive" (or something like that)

him " oh yes, but I ended up buying a miata instead"

end of conversation
eh, maybe he couldn't afford it.

i dont think that was a problem seeing he had a mint MG and brand new mx5. his tone (sorry for not including that) was that the miata was better.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bliss
Guy asked me hey thats a S2000 right? I say yes it is. He said: did you know that car makes more hp per liter than a Ferarri? I said hmm if you say so. He said: it does. Then he ask: can I ask you an important question? I said sure go ahead. He asked: "How many hookers can you fit in that car?" I laugh and say one I guess. Then he says: yea the car is too small I need more leg room.

The S had the most horsepower per liter of any production car (naturally aspirated of course) for many years until the 458 came out.