S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by mikemo' timestamp='1377095421' post='22736863
I get the occasional "nice car" comment when driving the S. Nothing too funny, at least not yet.

My daily driver is a 2000 Honda Insight. Small, light and futuristic looking, but the slowest car on the planet. After driving it all week it makes the S seem like a rocket ship. Anyway, I was driving the Insight through an apartment complex and came across two young kids, maybe 12 years old or so. One of them looked at my car and said "Man, that car looks really fast!". I just smiled and waved. I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are times that I want to jump out of it and run as I would likely be faster. Looks can be deceiving.

It reminds me of the French Citroen.
The insight is really a great car. with a battery pack powered by a bunch of D batteries. Not to mention, siblings to some of us AP1 owners
Old 09-26-2013, 02:21 PM

Was leaving work at downtown dallas' art district and had a couple of girls point and take pictures as I pulled up to the light.

Also people at my job say that they get scared a banana peel will fly out my kart as they drive behind me.

Friend said where is our white helmet speed racer

Car wash guy just nods and says nice as he stares at the s
Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM

haha i gave my friend a ride in my S and he asks me "what car is this?" and before i could answer he says "is this a miata" the look on my face was pricless! i never thought this would actually happen!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 AM

I get "that's a nice car" or "sweet ride" on a daily basis to the point that I actually find it annoying...I always think in my head, I wouldn't have bought a piece of shit...im just not a people person and don't care to talk to strangers to be honest
Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Driving through a neighborhood and a school was having a Terry Fox run where students run through several blocks around the neighborhood. Was driving by and they kept yelling "NICE CAR"
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Was washing my car at the apartment and and old guy (probably 80s) walked by the car and we had this exchange:

old guy: "that's a pretty car"
me: "ha, thanks"
old guy: "they stopped making those, right?"
me: "yea the last ones were made in 2009"
old guy: "you've got yourself a classic"

I also get some funny reactions as I drive the car around. The most common funny reaction I get is someone sees the car and they don't know what it is.

Their expression when they first see it is usually . At this point, I can see them in my rear or side view mirror checking out the car looking at the badges. They see Honda and the S2000 badge and they get even more confused They can't believe it's a Honda!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by caraficionado
Was washing my car at the apartment and and old guy (probably 80s) walked by the car and we had this exchange:

old guy: "that's a pretty car"
me: "ha, thanks"
old guy: "they stopped making those, right?"
me: "yea the last ones were made in 2009"
old guy: "you've got yourself a classic"

I also get some funny reactions as I drive the car around. The most common funny reaction I get is someone sees the car and they don't know what it is.

Their expression when they first see it is usually . At this point, I can see them in my rear or side view mirror checking out the car looking at the badges. They see Honda and the S2000 badge and they get even more confused They can't believe it's a Honda!

NO S2000 badge on mine; had an older lady say it was a Honda BMW. I was drinking orange juice and spit it all over the parking lot laughing so hard. She was offended, but I seriously could not control myself. The absurdity was too much. I usually try my best to educate them as much as possible, but I couldn't hold back tears from laughing so hard.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this morning going to work and make a right turn at the corner where there was a few kids, a kid yell out "hey, you in the nice car, can you donate a dollar?!"

Another one was when i was coming home and stopped at a red light. A passenger in a 93+ supra says, "nice car!" I turned my head and says, "thanks. Nice car too."
Old 10-03-2013, 05:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kids rollerblading - "wow, s2000, look at it's face, it's like it's smiling!"

kids running and screaming "it's a Porsche! never-mind, its a honda", then running back.

2 ladies with their children: what is it? it's a lamborghini!!!! (full debadge here)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Was at VatoZone (Autozone) picking up some small misc things and this kid was standing outside. I get in my car and he says, "V6 or V8?"
I told him it's actually a 4-banger and he give me the *obama I approve face ("Not bad" face)* and says, "Still nice though!"

I waved and went on my way.

MY04 Rio