S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
"It's more fun than a rollercoaster!"
I've gotten something very similar to this....
" you're car feels like an un-safe rollercoaster!"
I kinda took this like a compliment
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the occasional "nice car" comment when driving the S. Nothing too funny, at least not yet.

My daily driver is a 2000 Honda Insight. Small, light and futuristic looking, but the slowest car on the planet. After driving it all week it makes the S seem like a rocket ship. Anyway, I was driving the Insight through an apartment complex and came across two young kids, maybe 12 years old or so. One of them looked at my car and said "Man, that car looks really fast!". I just smiled and waved. I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are times that I want to jump out of it and run as I would likely be faster. Looks can be deceiving.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 AM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemo
I get the occasional "nice car" comment when driving the S. Nothing too funny, at least not yet.

My daily driver is a 2000 Honda Insight. Small, light and futuristic looking, but the slowest car on the planet. After driving it all week it makes the S seem like a rocket ship. Anyway, I was driving the Insight through an apartment complex and came across two young kids, maybe 12 years old or so. One of them looked at my car and said "Man, that car looks really fast!". I just smiled and waved. I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are times that I want to jump out of it and run as I would likely be faster. Looks can be deceiving.

It reminds me of the French Citroen.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthas
Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1376957682' post='22733632
"It's more fun than a rollercoaster!"
I've gotten something very similar to this....
" you're car feels like an un-safe rollercoaster!"
I kinda took this like a compliment
Definitely a compliment. And honestly, probably safer than a rollercoaster.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:42 AM

Pulled into gas station with my hardtop on.

Guy who was delivering beverages to the station stopped looked over the car and said "damn son I do like your Jaguar" I smiled and said thanks and went on my way lol
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Pulled up to a light (left turn lane) last night with the top down chatting with the gf.
A black guy in the lane next to me leans out of his old Chevy Blazer thumping to some heavy bass and says "HEY!"
We both stop and look over and he says very slowly and clearly:
"NIIICCCCEEE EESSS-TWWWO-THOOUSSAND"

Then he follows with
"But you need to get some beat in there!"

I just laughed and said "I dont need music, I just listen to the engine" which is right when my light turned green and I away
Old 08-22-2013, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 AM

Last night I went to dinner with my girlfriend and parked in the middle of nowhere (duh) and passed by an elderly couple as we made our way over to the restaurant. All of a sudden I hear "What kind of Honda is that?" I smiled and said an s2000. He said "a what?" haha I repeated myself and he asked me what year it is and told him it was an 06 and then he was asking me when they made them. I told him it ran from 99-09' and that it was one of the few sports cars Honda made. He smiled and said "Gotta love a Honda" and I said "oh yea, they're always there for you" then he said "god bless" and I smiled and told him and his wife to have a good night.

Gotta love a Honda
Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had my S for almost a year now. And I have waited for people to make funny statements after reading this entire thread in one sitting last year. I have gotten the random "nice car" and "cute car" but yesterday was hilarious. While sitting at a light the guy next to me asked if I had a v8 under the hood. I kindly told him it is a 4 cyl of rage. He also thought it was a bmw. I explained that it was a honda and they did make very cool cars at one time. He was in an odyssey. I got a good chuckle from that one.

On the same ride as I was cruising on a rather entertaining road I caught up to a miata with two guys in it. Lookedlike a father son combo. We got caught at a light, he turns his head to the side and says "really nice car, its the one I really wanted". I got a good laugh on that one. In a mile he turned into a driveway and waved. I beeped and waved back.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:22 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Si Isnt Enough
Last night I went to dinner with my girlfriend and parked in the middle of nowhere (duh) and passed by an elderly couple as we made our way over to the restaurant. All of a sudden I hear "What kind of Honda is that?" I smiled and said an s2000. He said "a what?" haha I repeated myself and he asked me what year it is and told him it was an 06 and then he was asking me when they made them. I told him it ran from 99-09' and that it was one of the few sports cars Honda made. He smiled and said "Gotta love a Honda" and I said "oh yea, they're always there for you" then he said "god bless" and I smiled and told him and his wife to have a good night.

Gotta love a Honda
Love interactions like this!