S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-18-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy at a stoplight in a F150 said

"Nice car, is it a 2012 or 13?"

My car is a MY 2000 with 150k+ miles.

I don't think the styling of the s2000 will ever become dated. It really is a timeless design.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by JMChristopher
I had a date the other night and we got to talking about our respective vehicles while I was driving back to her place after dinner. She made the comment "It must be nice driving a Porsche all the time" I said, "Oh, its just a Honda." She looked at me with some disbelief as I pulled into traffic and blasted to redline a couple times. Then she said "Well, whatever it is, it's fast!" It is definitely fast compare to her non-turbo VW Beetle.

Best comments I have gotten besides the typical "Nice Honda." or "Nice Car."
So???? What is the rest of the date story? Its all tied to the S!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM

A while back i went to a autozone to have a code pulled and fist off the kid opens the driver side then i continue to tell him its on the other side and once he plugs in the scanner he goes what is this a ferrari or what? is a 2000 s2000. "what year?" 2000! apparently saying 2000 Honda S2000 is hard for people to understand. Its always funny too when you tell someone you drive a honda and they look so unimpressed untill they see it and say that there is no way that its a honda
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The GF and I get to a stop sign with a cop across. I waited for him to go first (no signal), but he didn't move so I make a left turn. The cop follows slowly. By now I'm waiting for him pull me over (I'm used to getting pulled over in my integra). We get to a stop light and I look left as I'm waiting for the light to turn green.

cop: that's a beautiful car!
(gf turns over to me) Hun, he's talking to you..
me: I'm sorry?

Cop: that is such a beautiful car!
Me: Haha, thank you sir.
Cop: I want one so bad. My wife loves it! Your car is in immaculate condition! Beautiful car! You guys have a great day. (and drives off)
GF: Hun, that was pretty cool. ....you can wipe that smile off your face now haha.

I've a stock AP1, black on black. It sure as heck put a smile on my face.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

"You must make a damn good living .. These Hondas sure aren't exactly made like they used to.. I'm not saying like yours-new, but the most recent productions.."

From an elderly gentleman this morning en route to the office. Said he lives around the area.

I told him I do decent for my age, and it's a Honda that while isn't expensive at all nowadays, puts a smile I my face that many other cars I've driven in the past or even have seen at current, never could.

As we parted ways I saw what he got into, 1st gen yellow NSX. My hat goes off to him. I really wish I had a picture.. I hope I bump into him again in the near future.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by jimboslice
Last night I was driving home with the top down, and two girls in a MK4 Jetta pulled up beside me at a light. When it turned green, I got started and did a shift at 5k (still getting used to the geearing compared to my DC5), then noticed the girls were trying to keep up and shot passed me like we were racing, after i put it in cruise-mode. I would have returned the favor, but i saw a cop at the intersection not too far away and didn't wanna risk it.

We met back up at the next light, and we looked at each other and smiled.

I've only owned this car four days and I'm already loving the attention i get from it. Luckily, the fiance wasn't there for that one though,
Fun story. Mine would have said "smoke em" and laughed.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

My nephew is quite in to drag racing and Nascar, but unfortunately gets driven to and from school in a Buick Enclave and has never been in a sports car. With this in mind, when Grandma came out and said we need some things from the store, I quickly said to him we'll go.

Now he's not a small 16 year old, probably about 225 so getting in was a bit of a squeeze, but once he was in and the roof was down he was quite happy. Took it fairly easy on the way there, but the way back...well he was rather quiet! Just a little sideways action from the stop signs, but lots and lots of VTEC etc.

When we get back, even I am smiling at this point, we sit down and all he says while smiling is "it's like being in a Nascar when the caution flag drops."

Wasn't sure if that's a good thing or not, but the smile on his face was priceless.

Both nephews suffer from Aspergers so simple things like this can make the world of difference and they, along with I, will never forget such moments
Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal
My nephew is quite in to drag racing and Nascar, but unfortunately gets driven to and from school in a Buick Enclave and has never been in a sports car. With this in mind, when Grandma came out and said we need some things from the store, I quickly said to him we'll go.

Now he's not a small 16 year old, probably about 225 so getting in was a bit of a squeeze, but once he was in and the roof was down he was quite happy. Took it fairly easy on the way there, but the way back...well he was rather quiet! Just a little sideways action from the stop signs, but lots and lots of VTEC etc.

When we get back, even I am smiling at this point, we sit down and all he says while smiling is "it's like being in a Nascar when the caution flag drops."

Wasn't sure if that's a good thing or not, but the smile on his face was priceless.

Both nephews suffer from Aspergers so simple things like this can make the world of difference and they, along with I, will never forget such moments
Simple joys right?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"It's more fun than a rollercoaster!"
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 PM

Driving home through West Chester with the top down around 9pm tonight. Stopped at a red light, and some tall, lanky college age dudebro with dark plaid shorts, a hat with a flipped-up brim, and a pair of small bongo drums jaywalks right in front of the car, stops, and says:

"Oh I drive a BMW and I have money! Look at thi---".

Dudebro's friend interrupts him: "Dude, that's a Honda."

My only response was a silent shrug. Light changes and he moves out of the way, but even as I drive away he's still talking about how the car is advertising my supposed wealth. Even at 11 years of age, it seems the S2k can still make an impression