S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy at my condo complex the other day, "hey that Honda S100 you have sounds freaking awesome. Sounds really good, I like it". I just said thanks man it's a lot of fun.....

My car is 100% stock.

I do rev it up a little merging out of the complex, maybe he heard 9K a few times from his window...
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM

My uncle asked said "doesn't that thing rev to 11k or something?"

Some random "what does that rev to, 14k?" WTF!?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Today someone rear ended me and most of the damage was on the drivers side of the bumper. I was driving to a repair shop like a hour later, when I stopped at a light these 2 girls in the car to the right of me were complementing me saying "I like your car". I told them I was just in a accident. They looked at me like I was crazy lol. They did see the damage later when I pulled in front of them. Thought it was a pretty funny time to get a complement, like a hour after a accident lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:49 PM

I stopped by AutoZone to see about getting a new bulb for my running light (only works sometime? Maybe due to condensation in my headlight?)
There was a redneck that was parked beside me in some older SUV, he gives me a thumbs up and says 'nice ride, man!' I told him thanks, and smiled. Then he said that mine is the first one he's ever seen in real life, he just knew it from the fast and the furious (LOL!), and asked if it was fast. I told him 'it's not too bad', I pulled out right behind him when we left, and grabbed redline 1-3, I hope it made him happy
I thought about saying 'too soon, junior', but figured he wouldn't have gotten it. Can't believe he hasn't seen one before...
small town problems, I suppose.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Toreus
Went to the Honda dealership the other day, wanted some OEM brake pads.

::getting out of my S, walking towards front door::

Salesman: "Hello sir, nice car. Are you interested in a new or used automobile today?"

Me: :auses for a second:: "What would Honda sell me in 2012 to replace that?" ::gesturing to my car::

Salesman: ::epic blank stare:: "Uhhhh"

Me: "Yeah. Thanks, but I'm just here for parts." ::I walk off::

The sad truth, but hey, I did chuckle a bit at least...
It's amazing how boring Honda has gotten.

At least Toyota is getting back in the game.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea why some of you are happy that someone tells you your S looks like a BMW, Porshches, Benz, etc...
That is a insult to the S. The S should be recognized for what it is. I get impressed when a stranger lays the specs of the S to me....now that's some recognition, bro.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by CanuckS2000
I have no idea why some of you are happy that someone tells you your S looks like a BMW, Porshches, Benz, etc...
That is a insult to the S. The S should be recognized for what it is. I get impressed when a stranger lays the specs of the S to me....now that's some recognition, bro.
I correct them and say it's a Miata.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ haha....I actually have a Mazda cap that my son wears when we go for rides in the S....haha
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Si Isnt Enough
My uncle asked said "doesn't that thing rev to 11k or something?"

Some random "what does that rev to, 14k?" WTF!?
The S600 did rev to 11000, & although not that fast, it was just about as much fun as our cars, in its day.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 PM

my boss swore up and down my engine was produced in germany...like, we got into a very heated argument over it...he then went on to tell me that he had an NSX back in the day and that that motor was also produced in germany...i tried to inform him the only time japan and germany ever collaborated on anything it ended up with us being the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon against another country...he then proceeded to argue that point and that north korea used a nuke against taiwan...i had to walk away