S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-02-2013, 05:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Originally Posted by dustin02rsx' timestamp='1372568060' post='22638731
My favorite is every miata driver says, "hey, is that your s2000? I have a miata"

Like they're the same lol.
No way! Some one that also drives a small 2 door convertible sports car thought you might have something in common? What a douche miata driver!

LOL!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite is every miata driver says, "hey, is that your s2000? I have a miata"
No way! Some one that also drives a small 2 door convertible sports car thought you might have something in common? What a douche miata driver!
1. When I see a Miata driver, especially an older guy like me, in a Miata, I wave and smile, just like we were equals.
2. In fact, the other day, I saw one ahead of me on the expressway, and I made my way up to him and passed him in a slower lane to the right (4 lanes), and soon he weaved in and out and passed me going fast.
3. I tried to stay up with him, as he was slowed down by traffic, and I did so over on the right again, then finally we were on a staightway with everyone else behind us, and he gunned it and pulled away, I dropped it down into Vtec so as to show that his outrage of trying to pull away from an S would not be tolerated, however, once I got up to his speed and was catching up, he was still accelerating, I quickly backed off and he went bye bye.
4. I was impressed with the Miata, I didn't rush up on him when in Vtec, but only gradually was catching up before I backed off.
5. As it happened, I caught up with him before he turned off on the same exit I was using, and I was behind him at this point for 1 miles.
6. He turned right onto another road of which was on my way home also so I continued to follow, and I did so for another 2 miles; then turned againg, and at this point I was afraid he thought I was a nut job following him, but fortunately I got to turn off to go to my house where the school teachers live, instead of continuing staight to go to the housing of the rich people.
7. I honked when I turned left, and he was in the right lane going straight, and he honked back, and I'm sure he tells the story of the S2000 that couldn't keep up with him.
8. Wait till he tries that on a youngling who isn't scared of a ticket like me, and backs off.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand the Miata hatred. If it's based on a stereotype, then it's time to grow up.

If you don't think the Miata is a competent car, then you probably have never autocrossed; that's where they shine. With a minor investment in suspension mods, a cheap old Miata will get you some very respectable times.

There are a number of people on here that have owned both cars, and will attest to the fact that the Miata is also a great driver's car (not necessarily better than the s2000, but different).
Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 AM

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new TL SH-AWD 6MTMy local Acura dealer yesterday offered me $7000 for my S2000 because the top has a few pinholes in it and the rear tires are bald. That's the funniest thing anyone has ever told me. Black book trade in value is $12k.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
I don't understand the Miata hatred. If it's based on a stereotype, then it's time to grow up.

If you don't think the Miata is a competent car, then you probably have never autocrossed; that's where they shine. With a minor investment in suspension mods, a cheap old Miata will get you some very respectable times.

There are a number of people on here that have owned both cars, and will attest to the fact that the Miata is also a great driver's car (not necessarily better than the s2000, but different).
Fully agreed. Plus there are a lot of Miatas in my area sporting swapped engines that would absolutely destroy a stock S2K - just met a guy last weekend with a '94 Miata that had a supercharged Ford 302 in it
Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Had an NA (1990) 1.6 with a Greddy turbo kit and a few other goodies, 5.5psi at about 160 whp. Base model, no luxuries, good suspension set up, bar etc. was an absolute blast to drive. On tight roads, would take the Miata any day, so easy to control and drive - longer more 3rd and 4th roads, the S2000 by far. O

Whilst they are similar, they are also very different (most people compare the S2000 to the first generations of Miata (NA) due to the popularity etc. when they really should be compared to the late NB's and the NC)
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Didn't say they're being a douche bag and I always shoot the shit with them but they're about as equal as a mustang vs Camaro. and I doubt Mustang guys have Camaro owners always sayin "hey is that your mustang? I have a Camaro" lol

Not saying one is superior to the other I'm just saying they're completely different cars
Old 07-04-2013, 12:30 AM

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHS2000
Originally Posted by Jdrum1' timestamp='1372775449' post='22642845

Fully agreed. Plus there are a lot of Miatas in my area sporting swapped engines that would absolutely destroy a stock S2K - just met a guy last weekend with a '94 Miata that had a supercharged Ford 302 in it
I mean, that's cool and all, but if you dump the same money into an s2k...
Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by dustin02rsx
Originally Posted by Gigdy' timestamp='1372684280' post='22640495
[quote name='dustin02rsx' timestamp='1372568060' post='22638731']

Didn't say they're being a douche bag and I always shoot the shit with them but they're about as equal as a mustang vs Camaro. and I doubt Mustang guys have Camaro owners always sayin "hey is that your mustang? I have a Camaro" lol

Not saying one is superior to the other I'm just saying they're completely different cars
[/quote]
It has nothing to do with the 2 cars being different it's because both of them are soft top 2 seaters. People that ride bikes wave at each other all the time because they are on a bike they don't talk crap to each other because they don't have the same bike.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:54 AM

My son-in-law's boss was waiting in the driveway to give him a ride to their construction site when I went to put up the flags this morning. He asked if I was planning on driving my shiny red car today. I said "Yep, that's a safe bet!"