S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
^^ yes it does!

One comment I get almost daily is when someone new sees my car, usually friends/family... "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" ... Keep in mind I HAVE NO KIDS!!! But since I'm 31 and a girl something is wrong with me that I bought a car with only 2 seats ... freaking ANNOYING!!!

Best part? Yeah, I still have an Element SC, so that will hold future kids. So when I say that they say "But you don't understand, once you have kids you'll never be driving this or riding your bike again"... I'm thinking "Really?! NEVER?! I might as well just give up on life, huh?"

/rant

These comments drive me nuts.

Bitches be jealous or something
Any woman who thinks the car is bad news for a man with kids isn't a woman for you. The gf has a 3 yearold, and guess what? It's our date night car. Far cry from the ex-wife who learned to hate the S. The new gal is blast, gunning for the top down and to be driven hard - the car too
Old 06-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishInIsengard
Originally Posted by AmyNxDx' timestamp='1369938122' post='22576352
^^ yes it does!

One comment I get almost daily is when someone new sees my car, usually friends/family... "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" ... Keep in mind I HAVE NO KIDS!!! But since I'm 31 and a girl something is wrong with me that I bought a car with only 2 seats ... freaking ANNOYING!!!

Best part? Yeah, I still have an Element SC, so that will hold future kids. So when I say that they say "But you don't understand, once you have kids you'll never be driving this or riding your bike again"... I'm thinking "Really?! NEVER?! I might as well just give up on life, huh?"

/rant

I am in a similar boat. I blame the midwest
It is always a little bit of a surprise to me that this stereotype still exists. Do people say to men, "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" It's as if the same possibility of becoming a parent doesn't exist for men. Where the heck do they figure the little buggers come from? Another virgin birth or something? Rumor has it this only happened once in biblical times, depending on which religion you happen to subscribe to. Admittedly, however, they do say things to young men like, "Better get that out of your system now before you get married and have to settle down." It's like they are secretly ending the sentence before the word "down," but don't really want to say it quite that bluntly.

I have taken solace in the fact that eventually people figured out that creating babies wasn't my path in life and they stopped saying such silly things to me like, "when you have babies..." as though it were a forgone conclusion that I *could* even have them, let alone *wanted* to have them. In their defense, though, I must admit that people who say such things frequently have children, and they find those children to be the biggest joy in their lives. I eventually chose to interpret their commentary as an attempt at wishing upon me the level of joy that they have experienced having children in their lives, and that means they wish me well.

It took a lot of years before I came to that acceptance though.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol was at the gas station and a bunch of pot heads were hanging outside. One of them just said "nice car. It's my dream car". Not to be mean but don't think his dream car will ever come to him. It's just not a good car for someone that has no brain cells left in their head.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Some87
Lol was at the gas station and a bunch of pot heads were hanging outside. One of them just said "nice car. It's my dream car". Not to be mean but don't think his dream car will ever come to him. It's just not a good car for someone that has no brain cells left in their head.
Ouch a little judgmental.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by IrishInIsengard' timestamp='1370378071' post='22586530
[quote name='AmyNxDx' timestamp='1369938122' post='22576352']
^^ yes it does!

/rant

I am in a similar boat. I blame the midwest
It is always a little bit of a surprise to me that this stereotype still exists. Do people say to men, "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" It's as if the same possibility of becoming a parent doesn't exist for men. Where the heck do they figure the little buggers come from? Another virgin birth or something? Rumor has it this only happened once in biblical times, depending on which religion you happen to subscribe to. Admittedly, however, they do say things to young men like, "Better get that out of your system now before you get married and have to settle down." It's like they are secretly ending the sentence before the word "down," but don't really want to say it quite that bluntly.

I have taken solace in the fact that eventually people figured out that creating babies wasn't my path in life and they stopped saying such silly things to me like, "when you have babies..." as though it were a forgone conclusion that I *could* even have them, let alone *wanted* to have them. In their defense, though, I must admit that people who say such things frequently have children, and they find those children to be the biggest joy in their lives. I eventually chose to interpret their commentary as an attempt at wishing upon me the level of joy that they have experienced having children in their lives, and that means they wish me well.

It took a lot of years before I came to that acceptance though.
[/quote]
Or get your toys before the kids.

What's often the problem is the priorities shift (living through that now). A wise old man told me, get all your toys before your first kid. Enjoy them over the next 20 years until they're in college and you're looking for new toys. He was being serious. Spending 20-30K on a track car doesn't make sense for most families when there are bills to be paid.

What I do find interesting is that anyone, male or female, would want to tell you how crappy life is going to be IE no toys or fun for you, once you have kids. Screw that noise I'm getting snipped if it's that bad. I think this male bashing leftist estrogen crap is part of the pusification of America today. A real woman wants a real man, with passion, drive and a healthy set of activities he does outside the home. They all fall in love with us, and then because they want kids expect us to become a different person? The ex-wife was really happy with me for the first few years, I'm no saint but there is in all humility feel men like me left anymore. I enjoy my guy time, but made plenty of time for our relationship - while keeping a healthy balance. Later in our marriage (7 years in) she wanted more cuddle time then was physically possible, my 40 hour work week was 'too much' suggesting I was over working, she said I didn't spend enough time nor was as sensitive as I used to be. I made it pretty clear if she wanted a house and kids working a full time job was a requirement. She found that extra attention (which she snuck out twice a week after baseball practice to sleep with a part time mechanic at her job site - two time loser, dead beat dad and broke). Go figure on the thought process. When it all surfaced, she lost both he and I in the process. Plus pretty much everything she'd ever built or we saved for. She works a $10/hour dead end job. Anyone whom she attempts to dates find out she's divorced due to cheating and bounces. Later she told me she made a lot of mistakes in our marriage, more then just cheating. I believe she was suggesting failing to take an interest in my passions like I did hers.

Now contrast that with the woman in my life now. It's a complete 180 on the guy time, her need for cuddling, support on owing such a sports car or toys etc etc. I really think it comes down to who you invest in. Typically the warning signs are their prior to getting married. T & A can distract you from seeing it or maybe you hope it will be different. I don't think people speak their minds enough soon enough to avoid the typical divorce rates. Also why would you want to make your partner suffer? If your husband/wife really wants something that you can afford and makes them happy - doesn't a loving partner WANT them to have it?

The women in my life have always known a few things.

1. You put on weight, stop taking care of yourself - you're gone
2. No, I'm not changing who I am for you
3. If you don't like how it is now, get gone
4. Cannot be faithful? You're not for me
5. I enjoy a healthy amount of guy time/activities that are messy dirty and smelly (cars, shooting etc). You're welcome to take part but I won't trade it for sitting infront of the TV all weekend like a lazy bastard.

Your milage my very.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pa9k
Originally Posted by Some87' timestamp='1370407206' post='22587336
Ouch a little judgmental.
Relax man. I'm twenty and I have my dream car, and you could have probably categorized me with those kids outside the gas station when I was in high school.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
The women in my life have always known a few things.

1. You put on weight, stop taking care of yourself - you're gone
2. No, I'm not changing who I am for you
3. If you don't like how it is now, get gone
4. Cannot be faithful? You're not for me
5. I enjoy a healthy amount of guy time/activities that are messy dirty and smelly (cars, shooting etc). You're welcome to take part but I won't trade it for sitting infront of the TV all weekend like a lazy bastard.

Your milage my very.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Yeah, I highly doubt the guys get this response as much as I do and why not?! They are the other half to making the kid LOL

If your husband/wife really wants something that you can afford and makes them happy - doesn't a loving partner WANT them to have it?
This right here... I've noticed a lot of people are insecure and don't want to see their significant other happy or having fun unless they are the source of it. Which is idiotic, because who the f are you to think you can be the ONLY source for the other to be happy?

My niece was asking me about my husband and don't I get mad he's always working on his car or motorcycle? I told her no, why would I? He LOVES doing that and it's his passion, it makes him happy. I'm out there asking him questions about it and letting him teach me - he loves it. Why would I get mad at him doing something he loves? As long as it's not another chick I'm happy! LOL
Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1370390857' post='22586908
Yeah, I highly doubt the guys get this response as much as I do and why not?! They are the other half to making the kid LOL

If your husband/wife really wants something that you can afford and makes them happy - doesn't a loving partner WANT them to have it?
This right here... I've noticed a lot of people are insecure and don't want to see their significant other happy or having fun unless they are the source of it. Which is idiotic, because who the f are you to think you can be the ONLY source for the other to be happy?

My niece was asking me about my husband and don't I get mad he's always working on his car or motorcycle? I told her no, why would I? He LOVES doing that and it's his passion, it makes him happy. I'm out there asking him questions about it and letting him teach me - he loves it. Why would I get mad at him doing something he loves? As long as it's not another chick I'm happy! LOL
Amy great point.

My ex-wife was like your niece, let her know where that leads... divorce.

It sounds like you understand what it takes to make a relationship go the distance. When you feed his passion he in turn feeds yours. Ultimately the two of you live to share life together and that's a two way street.

I'm really disappointed by the general state of both male and female population. I hadn't dated for 10 years but how the world has changed. While I mostly met good women, I've learned that there are a group of adult male childern who greatly mistreat women. Not saying it's related but there is an unhealthy amount of people like your niece.

The woman in my life isn't the source of my happiness, that comes from within. As the saying goes 'If you don't love yourself how can you love someone else?' I think this applies to many things, happiness, physically fit, right eating. If you don't do those things on your own how can a partner do it for you?

I live under this thought. I should be my partners #1 fan, greatest supporter and backer up on everything. If I don't do those things not only will they feel lacking but it opens the door for someone else to fill it. I think you're right to take an interest, otherwise someone else will!

Back on topic!!

The little guy and lady were leaving this AM. I hear him "Mommy take Rob's car?" Mom "No Taylor, we'll be taking my car" him "Rob car... fast car".

He knows not to touch the S so when they walk by he looks. Mom has told him to peer at it so he puts his hand up over his eyes like he's look into the sun or a great distance. He's 3. It's super cute.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

I think this male bashing leftist estrogen crap is part of the pusification of America today.

...snip of a bit more info about Rob2's ex and his current top five rules for women he dates than anyone figured they would ever hear....
Um...

So, maybe we have strayed off topic a bit.

I got pulled over by a cop in my S2000 once for no front plate. While writing the ticket, he made a comment that qualifies as the understatement of the year and was kind of funny: I bet this thing is a lot of fun to drive.

Ya think?!