S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skoundrel
Originally Posted by Mr Apex' timestamp='1369365328' post='22563740
I was driving past an elementary school with the top down today and were at least 15 kids standing at the fence each one of of then wide eyed and going "woooo" as i went past. I cant help but smile back when that happens. Kids love the S.
Similar thing happened to me a couple days ago. I was driving down a street and there were 3 kids like 14-15 years old skating towards my direction. One starts sticking his hand up and I was thinking wtf is he doing? (my vision sucks), as I get closer he's still got his hand up but had a the whole time. I just smiled and kept going because it was too late to do a thanks wave since I couldn't see lol
Some kid with his mom was walking across the street at a shopping center right after I washed my car, he stopped and stared at the car and his mom was like "You like that car"? lol. The top was down as well.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 AM

A few days ago I was driving through a neighborhood right after painting my wheels black and I overheard some kid say, "Woah, that car looks like the Batman car."

I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend and I went on a car cruise (he has a SRT4). When we pulled up to a red light I gave him and a girl he brought with a little rev. Later that night he says I blocked all chances that he had with her and that all night she wouldn't stop talking about how awesome my car was.

Well my friend.. you do drive a dodge neon...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Apex
Kids love the S.
Yesterday I was at a stop sign and there was a school bus full of kindergarteners (I assume that since they were little and it was 12pm lol) and I look over... all the kids were staring at the S with huge smiles... I felt pretty badass, I won't lie!!

Then later I went to Walgreens and a woman was at the Redbox with her kid (probably 3 years old or so) and he was ALL KINDS OF GIDDY... jumping and clapping saying "car, car!" it was adorable!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
Originally Posted by Mr Apex' timestamp='1369365328' post='22563740
Kids love the S.
Yesterday I was at a stop sign and there was a school bus full of kindergarteners (I assume that since they were little and it was 12pm lol) and I look over... all the kids were staring at the S with huge smiles... I felt pretty badass, I won't lie!!

Then later I went to Walgreens and a woman was at the Redbox with her kid (probably 3 years old or so) and he was ALL KINDS OF GIDDY... jumping and clapping saying "car, car!" it was adorable!
I agree.

To me when driving, there is absolutely (than actual driving the S) greater joy, than when you see little kids jumping up and down with joy over your car, it's innocent, adorable, and just flat out a 'made-my-day' thing.

Love it.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 AM

^^ yes it does!

One comment I get almost daily is when someone new sees my car, usually friends/family... "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" ... Keep in mind I HAVE NO KIDS!!! But since I'm 31 and a girl something is wrong with me that I bought a car with only 2 seats ... freaking ANNOYING!!!

Best part? Yeah, I still have an Element SC, so that will hold future kids. So when I say that they say "But you don't understand, once you have kids you'll never be driving this or riding your bike again"... I'm thinking "Really?! NEVER?! I might as well just give up on life, huh?"

/rant

These comments drive me nuts.

Bitches be jealous or something
Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 AM

kids can hold onto a rope and wear skis.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Some87
JDM grandma makes lots of JDM food!!!!
Or, in my case, a JDM wife
*ADDED BONUS*: (your Japanese language skill)+++

(back on topic)......

I was at a gas station in downtown San Francisco and some guy asked me about my "Honda Supra 2000" (or something like that)

Old 05-31-2013, 05:04 AM

^^ yes it does!

One comment I get almost daily is when someone new sees my car, usually friends/family... "You can't put a kid in that! What are you going to do?" ... Keep in mind I HAVE NO KIDS!!! But since I'm 31 and a girl something is wrong with me that I bought a car with only 2 seats ... freaking ANNOYING!!!

Best part? Yeah, I still have an Element SC, so that will hold future kids. So when I say that they say "But you don't understand, once you have kids you'll never be driving this or riding your bike again"... I'm thinking "Really?! NEVER?! I might as well just give up on life, huh?"

/rant

i always figured the trunk was plenty big enough for two kids? i could be wrong though
Old 05-31-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

[/quote]

To me when driving, there is absolutely (than actual driving the S) greater joy, than when you see little kids jumping up and down with joy over your car, it's innocent, adorable, and just flat out a 'made-my-day' thing.

Love it.
[/quote]

What if the kid jumping up and down for joy is yourself!!!!

^^ yes it does!

/rant

Having a car with 2 seats is THE point.....Kids CANNOT come with the wife and I. We are OUTAH here!!!!