S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. I can remember doing the same thing when I was a newbie 3 yrs. ago, until someone courteously and politely pointed out to me my error.
2. I was thankful for his forgiving attitude and patience.
[/quote]

3. Thankfully you number your points.
4. the end
[/quote]

A. Ha! It won't be the first time others have poked fun at my OCD method of posting; I get it frequently on the site where I mostly visit.
B. I wish I was normal; it is a long-term goal, but at 60 I'm afraid I'm a hopeless case.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM

C. I trust your OCD translates to meticulous care for your S2000
D. Happy Friday friend!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Originally Posted by Biohazard' timestamp='1333374132' post='21566900
not that I would ever valet my CR, but I did have to valet my si and both cars have flash pro, valet reported to me when I picked up my Si that something might be wrong because it wouldn't go above 3k rpm. I of course asked him why he was even trying, lol. I got back in my car and reflased back to my normal tune and took off and went up to 8400 before shifting. gotta love the valet tune from hondata when you have to use it. Both my CR and Si have it so you can't ever go above 3k.
that's awesome^^ i bet he was disappointed
this is great!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

started my full-time internship yesterday and my boss introduced me to the other employees and then says...

boss: so who's datsun is outside?

no one replies and i was thinking i didn't see one out there

boss: oh i meant honda 2000

me: oh that's me

boss: what? you have the z2000

me: yeah, the S2000 is mine

boss: gosh, i thought someone got a good a raise (talking to the other employess), but it's our freaking intern lol

and then he kept calling it a datsun the rest of the day haha
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM

I just got my S and brought it to work. After driving it back from lunch a guy asks "man that things sounds fast. You got a flowmaster on that thing?" I said "no stock exhaust." All thats on it is a CAI. He didnt believe me and kept looking at the rear pipes saying it has to be "flows" or "straight piped" Then he finially noticed the honda badge and goes its a "honda????!!! no way! it doesnt sound like those fart cans I hear on the street!"
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

I have had my 09 Rio yellow for one year now. When I called my insurance company and told them about the car, they asked the usual questions: vin #, milage, price, etc. Then they asked how many cylinders it had. I replied "just four". The insurance rep said "Oh its not a sports car, you will get a great rate!" ($60/month)
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
I have had my 09 Rio yellow for one year now. When I called my insurance company and told them about the car, they asked the usual questions: vin #, milage, price, etc. Then they asked how many cylinders it had. I replied "just four". The insurance rep said "Oh its not a sports car, you will get a great rate!" ($60/month)
What kind of terrible insurance company has to ask how many cylinders your car has?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 AM

Didn't have jacks (just ramps) so i took my car to a shop to get the trans fluid changed. It went like this:

Tech: Is is automatic or manual?
Me: They only made it in manual
Tech: Well the computer shows automatic was an option
Me: It's manual

Wasn't worth fighting with him over it. He also questioned me on the capacity because the computer said something different than the owners manual. I stood with him under the car and watched him change it. Haha
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ramblin_wreck08
Didn't have jacks (just ramps) so i took my car to a shop to get the trans fluid changed. It went like this:

Wasn't worth fighting with him over it. He also questioned me on the capacity because the computer said something different than the owners manual. I stood with him under the car and watched him change it. Haha
Personally, I would've brought it elsewhere..

He had to "rely on a computer" lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Originally Posted by ramblin_wreck08' timestamp='1368019046' post='22527637

Personally, I would've brought it elsewhere..

He had to "rely on a computer" lol.
Sounds like somebody gave an Advanced Auto Parts employee some tools...