S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night we were at the in-laws for dinner. A lot of times we take our dogs over there but we had driven the S last night so the dogs stayed at home. The little kid next door saw my mother-in-law outside and asked her if we had brought our dogs over because he likes to watch them run in the backyard. My MIL explained that we drove our little car, so we didn't bring the dogs with us. The little boy asked, "Do you think next time they can bring the other half of their car so the dogs can come?"
Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mcclary
Last night we were at the in-laws for dinner. A lot of times we take our dogs over there but we had driven the S last night so the dogs stayed at home. The little kid next door saw my mother-in-law outside and asked her if we had brought our dogs over because he likes to watch them run in the backyard. My MIL explained that we drove our little car, so we didn't bring the dogs with us. The little boy asked, "Do you think next time they can bring the other half of their car so the dogs can come?"
Haha that's adorable.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Too cute.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm seeing a girl with a little guy. We are walking out to get in the car, but I have my S at her place not my sedan. He points to the car and asks "We take fast car?" It's cute because he's never been in it yet. Too small.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Absolutely adorable. Definitely made my day on this rough Monday at the office.. Thank you thank you.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM

My mom came over this past weekend. "you bought a honda right? It doesn't look like a honda. It's a sports car. I thought you bought something like my civic or a fit"
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by addison.lewis1
I was at McDonald's once to get a movie from Redbox, I parked in front of the entrance and this little kid walks out with his father and said "Look daddy, it's a racecar!"

This was the best comment I have ever gotten.
Seeing kids stare out car windows and exchanging a wave is definitely the greatest compliment. To think I've turned a kid into a future S2000 owner or even just a car lover is inspiring. As a kid I remember seeing folks with sports cars and saying to myself, "I can't wait until I can have one." Now that I'm 24 and "grown up" I have a cool car and I smile every time I drive her.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 AM

last week ...."stranger" is that your car ...Me "yes" ...is it a new car ?? ...No its almost ten yrs old ...O really I thought it was a new BMW ...you know the convert they make one that looks just about the same as your car.... Me "really I think you need to get out more " I was trying to be nice
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2
These are always great reads. It's amazing to me how many people love the car, yet how few bought it when they were making it.
I don't think i would have paid 30k+ for it either lol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I picked up my S was taking it by the local Honda dealership as the service guy I know there is a fan and wanted to check it out. As he and I are looking at the car he tells me that as I am pulling in one of the other Honda service reps says to him "hey look... someone is coming in with one of those BMW convertibles!".

As an aside, she doesn't seen to work there anymore.