S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colleague of mine always calls it 'a girls car'.

He doesn't own a car but on occasion borrows his girlfriends Grande Punto. On such days I like to ask how he got in work that day? Who owns the car? So that car's owned by a girl? So you're literally driving a girl's car?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I was washing my S literally yesterday night, should I say morning at about 2am. I couldn't sleep - so that's what I do on a decent night out (high 30s/low 40s).

I was surprised to see another car pull up in the wash bay next to me. An elderly guy got out and was in the process of looking at me and my car.

A few minutes later he steps over to my bay and I thought he was going to ask if I could help him somehow or whatever.

He in turns says, ".. you look a little young to be a taxiiii.... whahaaaaa??! that's a supercar?!"

I said, "Excuse me?"

He said, "Oh, I thought it was a taxi cab and I was going to ask you for directions!" (he was serious)

I said, "Oh no, my car is just yellow.. not much a taxi, can't fit too much in this car but that's okay"

He glanced over on my dash with the picture of my fiancee and I and says, "*wink.. I'm sure, have a g'night now!"

Haha, funny guy, for some reason his good nature and humor that late at night made me wake up this morning to go to the office extra good. Plus it's friday and 55 high today in Chicago, and I have a clean car, and payday went through.

Cruising later, should be fun - will update if I get more funny comments later this evening.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Went for a drive this weekend with the top off. Sitting at a stoplight, I hear "Whoa, nice car!" off to my right. I turn to look and it's a ~7 year old boy nearly hanging out the side of a Suburban. His dad in the driver's seat saw I noticed and spent the rest of the light staring out his passenger window. I guess he was embarrassed. The kid kept going on for the entire light with things like "WOW, S2000, I want one of those!"

It was pretty amusing and really put a smile on my face.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM

i get a lot of "i bet that things fast" comments...i think people think im bullshitting when i tell them it really isnt all that fast
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was picking up a pizza a Domino's a coupe nights ago and overheard a couple guys in the back talking about my car (I was parked right in front with the top down);

Guy #1: Those Hondas are twin turbo.

Guy #2: No lie?

Guy #1: Yep, the engine is built by JDM.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 PM

not in the S2k but in my buddies 88 rx7,

pulls into walmart

woman walks up to us "i love your corvette, what year is it?"

Us: uhmm.. its a 88 ma.... (cuts us off)

Her: Oh i love the older corvettes! Enjoy it!

Us: Thank you and we will. lol

We both got a good laugh out of it
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 AM

Is that a four speed?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
Is that a four speed?
Wow, how old do they think your car is? Didn't the four speed manual disappear in the '80s? Perhaps, they think it has a slush-box. I've had several people (mostly female) ask me if the S2000 comes with an automatic. I'll never understand why anyone would want a car like this with anything but a proper manual. I've driven a couple cars with paddle shifters (one was a GTR, the other was a 2013 911 and it had thumb actuated switches on the steering wheel instead of actual paddles) and didn't care for them (although, they both yielded rifle quick shifts). Please, just give me three pedals and a stick.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Finally got the "this car is so cute!" comment....

ugh...
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by kpc06bb
Originally Posted by baZurk' timestamp='1364909517' post='22445449
Is that a four speed?
Wow, how old do they think your car is? Didn't the four speed manual disappear in the '80s? Perhaps, they think it has a slush-box. I've had several people (mostly female) ask me if the S2000 comes with an automatic. I'll never understand why anyone would want a car like this with anything but a proper manual. I've driven a couple cars with paddle shifters (one was a GTR, the other was a 2013 911 and it had thumb actuated switches on the steering wheel instead of actual paddles) and didn't care for them (although, they both yielded rifle quick shifts). Please, just give me three pedals and a stick.
LOL I know. He was an older guy but was very nice and talked to me about my car. He was floored when I told him it had six forward gears.