S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-17-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and my buddy were driving down the road. A gaystang rolled up and it was some guy and his girlfriend. He decided to poke fun at me and asked if I fill my car up with soy sauce. He reved up thinking he was all cool and I answered right back with my custom built exhaust. Light turned green and I waited for a few seconds, and then took off. I passed him in at least 4 or 5 seconds after I took off. Sad people who think that mustangs are fast... So sad...
Old 03-17-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by S2K FURY
Light turned green and I waited for a few seconds, and then took off. I passed him in at least 4 or 5 seconds after I took off.
So you gave him a ricer flyby? I'm sure that showed him.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by spike109u
Originally Posted by S2K FURY' timestamp='1363526442' post='22409129
Light turned green and I waited for a few seconds, and then took off. I passed him in at least 4 or 5 seconds after I took off.
Relax bud, it was his stage 2 clutch.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by skoundrel
Not that funny, but I went to the DMV yesterday for state inspection. Pulled in, they told me to turn off the car, get out and go in the waiting area, but I knew there was going to be issues. ...
I had a similar issue. Took my 07 RYP in for its first smog check at a smog inspection shop here in California. As the tech guy pulls it in, someone else standing there waiting to have his car tested comments, "Is that a stock color or did you have it painted that color?" I told him no, it's a factory color. He comments about the metallic in the paint and I confirm, "Yeah, it does have a pearl to it, so I'm pretty anal about damaging it because it's very hard to match it up." He laughs and turns to the tech (seemed like they knew each other), "You hear that? She says don't scratch it." Argh. That's not what I said so now I'm embarrassed.

So the tech guy (who is probably my age or probably a couple years older) says, "I've been doing this a long time and I know a few things. I won't even charge you extra if I teach you a thing or two." And laughs. Oooooo-kaaaaaay... I'll play along. My reply, "Who says it won't be the other way around, honey?" And we both laugh. Little did I know how true it would be.

In this order, here is what I had to explain to the guy:
1) That VSA is the traction control and you have to hold down the button to disable it so you can run the car on the rollers for the test.
2) Where the OBDII connector is.
3) Yes, I AM the driver of the car.
4) No, I won't even ask for a discount for teaching you a thing or two. :-D
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

^ Well done.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
^ Well done.
Eh. More than anything it was just a bizarrely funny confluence of comments dictated by circumstance.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Originally Posted by spike109u' timestamp='1363576649' post='22410162
[quote name='S2K FURY' timestamp='1363526442' post='22409129']Light turned green and I waited for a few seconds, and then took off. I passed him in at least 4 or 5 seconds after I took off.
Relax bud, it was his stage 2 clutch.
[/quote]
Lmfao! That 80% more tq is no match for a mustang
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by skoundrel' timestamp='1363296499' post='22404318
Not that funny, but I went to the DMV yesterday for state inspection. Pulled in, they told me to turn off the car, get out and go in the waiting area, but I knew there was going to be issues. ...
I had a similar issue. Took my 07 RYP in for its first smog check at a smog inspection shop here in California. As the tech guy pulls it in, someone else standing there waiting to have his car tested comments, "Is that a stock color or did you have it painted that color?" I told him no, it's a factory color. He comments about the metallic in the paint and I confirm, "Yeah, it does have a pearl to it, so I'm pretty anal about damaging it because it's very hard to match it up." He laughs and turns to the tech (seemed like they knew each other), "You hear that? She says don't scratch it." Argh. That's not what I said so now I'm embarrassed.

So the tech guy (who is probably my age or probably a couple years older) says, "I've been doing this a long time and I know a few things. I won't even charge you extra if I teach you a thing or two." And laughs. Oooooo-kaaaaaay... I'll play along. My reply, "Who says it won't be the other way around, honey?" And we both laugh. Little did I know how true it would be.

In this order, here is what I had to explain to the guy:
1) That VSA is the traction control and you have to hold down the button to disable it so you can run the car on the rollers for the test.
2) Where the OBDII connector is.
3) Yes, I AM the driver of the car.
4) No, I won't even ask for a discount for teaching you a thing or two. :-D

Nice! Great story!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM

After owning my GPW s2k for a few month my mum asked;
mum- is your car was a convertible,
Me- mum have a look out the window and check.(roof was down at that point)
mum- awww that looks great,i thought you had a black roof but gonna laugh

people in Scotland are generally to snobby to say "nice car" or ask about it so iv not got any funny stories except my mum's lack of knowledge on cars
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 part story same place:

I went to Jiffy Lube yesterday to get my state inspection done, the greeter comes out and and asks what I need done so I tell him State Inspection. I make sure to let him know where the OBDII port is, and I ask him if he knows how to put the car in reverse, he says "Oh yeah no problem, I know how to drive this." So I walk off to go into the waiting room. I'm looking out the window and now there are two employees talking to the one employee sitting in my car. I got out to see what's going on, then the guy in my car asks "How do you put this thing in reverse?"

After my car is done, a different employee pulls my car up for me and as he's getting out, "Hey I used to have an Acura Integra, this drives just like it." I have this puzzled look on my face and I just respond, "Oh yeah?" He says have a nice day and I return the gesture and start to drive off. I thought that was funny...