S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Adionik
I'm having a hard time believing half the stories here...the other half make you guys look like douchebags
No, no. It is perfectly normal to get mortally offended if someone calls your car cute and to then proceed to talk about their daughter while revving your engine at them.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Idk why people get offended when it gets call cute. its not exactly a big beefy 5.0 Mustang...
Mine gets called cute all the time, usually by attractive older suburban-momish type women. Their comment is usually followed by "not as cute as you."

Always gets a chuckle and a blush...and I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Win/win.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"What's with the ricer wing?"

Guess I can't blame them for thinking that though.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
Idk why people get offended when it gets call cute. its not exactly a big beefy 5.0 Mustang...
Mine gets called cute all the time, usually by attractive older suburban-momish type women. Their comment is usually followed by "not as cute as you."

Always gets a chuckle and a blush...and I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Win/win.
I offer them a ride... and a drive to my place for that ride.

You'd be amazed at the reactions
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6' timestamp='1363192573' post='22401242

I offer them a ride... and a drive to my place for that ride.

You'd be amazed at the reactions
lmao thats awesome!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 PM

Not that funny, but I went to the DMV yesterday for state inspection. Pulled in, they told me to turn off the car, get out and go in the waiting area, but I knew there was going to be issues.

I stood along the side of the garage and saw the person trying to start my car (probably trying to crank the keys real hard too ). I yelled "theres a red button on the left!" She looks on the left side and screams back "turn on the head lights?!?!" I said "NO! There's a red engine start button on the left". She was still clueless. Took her 10mins to find it.

Finally found the engine start, then moved the car up 3 feet after driving over the camera to check for a cat. Then I had to scream from the side for 15mins to explain where the OBD2 port is.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Originally Posted by Adionik' timestamp='1363121875' post='22399216
I'm having a hard time believing half the stories here...the other half make you guys look like douchebags
No, no. It is perfectly normal to get mortally offended if someone calls your car cute and to then proceed to talk about their daughter while revving your engine at them.
I believe it "cute" depends on the context in which it is used. Ex: Girl says 'your car is cute'. There is no malicious intent behind it. Guy with a Very Expensive Car says loudly to his friend not to you 'my daughter would love that car'. A) guy believes your car to be inferior to his or B) genuinely believes his car is good for his daughter. But it depends on context. BTW, if you you were refering to me, he did all the revving and showboating. I just did my smart alec response to his inquiry. My motto, if you cant take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. I do agree though. Some owners are very snotty. But I digress. This is about funny things people say, not being a snot or douche.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM

My CFO: Did you get a new car?
Me: No..
Her: Oh it looks cute, is it one of those Miata?
Me: No, it's a Honda
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Two guys roll up next to me at a stop light on my left in a Fusion - the driver says out the passenger window "wanna race?" I said sure why not. His buddy in the passenger seat says to him "dude that's not a Miata". The driver says huh? What it is? The passenger says "dunno". The driver says "nevermind". The let me pull away looking the car over to figure out what it was.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by SalineHornet
Two guys roll up next to me at a stop light on my left in a Fusion - the driver says out the passenger window "wanna race?" I said sure why not. His buddy in the passenger seat says to him "dude that's not a Miata". The driver says huh? What it is? The passenger says "dunno". The driver says "nevermind". The let me pull away looking the car over to figure out what it was.
HA!

I wouldn't line up with any douche on public roads. Funny story bro